Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am wondering if there is any chance that I will be accepted to study medicine.

A levels - Maths D, Biology D, P.E, C
    AS- geogtpahy D
    Degree - Biomedical Science First class Honours
    Postgrad - Infection and Immunity Msc (ongoing)
    Ukcat - 657

Universities applied for - Dundee, Glasgow, Kings college, Barts.

I've applied for the 5 year courses due to am average UKCAT score.

ReputationRep:
    Your UKCAT looks fine and your degree is very impressive. Unfortunately, I think you will be rejected outright by Barts who require BB at AS or A level in two sciences for graduates. I know Kings also require A at chemistry A level, depending on whether there was enough chemistry in your degree. You'll have a chance with Glasgow and Dundee, although it just depends on who else applies this year.

ReputationRep:
    Have you submitted your application already?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loco16)
    Your UKCAT looks fine and your degree is very impressive. Unfortunately, I think you will be rejected outright by Barts who require BB at AS or A level in two sciences for graduates. I know Kings also require A at chemistry A level, depending on whether there was enough chemistry in your degree. You'll have a chance with Glasgow and Dundee, although it just depends on who else applies this year.
    Hi,
    Thanks for the advice, I read on the kings website that if your degree has chemistry then it can rule of chemistry and A Levels. It's my first choice so hopefully I get in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Volibear)
    Have you submitted your application already?
    Yes I have the deadline was Sunday. I'm starting to regret my choices :cool:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.