Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am wondering if there is any chance that I will be accepted to study medicine.

A levels - Maths D, Biology D, P.E, C
    AS- geogtpahy D
    Degree - Biomedical Science First class Honours
    Postgrad - Infection and Immunity Msc (ongoing)
    Ukcat - 657

Universities applied for - Dundee, Glasgow, Kings college, Barts.

I've applied for the 5 year courses due to am average UKCAT score.

ReputationRep:
    Your UKCAT looks fine and your degree is very impressive. Unfortunately, I think you will be rejected outright by Barts who require BB at AS or A level in two sciences for graduates. I know Kings also require A at chemistry A level, depending on whether there was enough chemistry in your degree. You'll have a chance with Glasgow and Dundee, although it just depends on who else applies this year.

ReputationRep:
    Have you submitted your application already?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loco16)
    Your UKCAT looks fine and your degree is very impressive. Unfortunately, I think you will be rejected outright by Barts who require BB at AS or A level in two sciences for graduates. I know Kings also require A at chemistry A level, depending on whether there was enough chemistry in your degree. You'll have a chance with Glasgow and Dundee, although it just depends on who else applies this year.
    Hi,
    Thanks for the advice, I read on the kings website that if your degree has chemistry then it can rule of chemistry and A Levels. It's my first choice so hopefully I get in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Volibear)
    Have you submitted your application already?
    Yes I have the deadline was Sunday. I'm starting to regret my choices :cool:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.