The Student Room Group

PWC School leavers 2018

Hi all,

I hope you are all doing well,

I have applied for the PWC school leaver programme for Sept 2018 entry( London office ) and I have managed to get through to the assessment centre stage.

I have sat my assessment centre almost a week ago now just awaiting feedback.

Has anyone else heard anything back from PWC after their assessment centres?

Also if anyone has any questions please feel free to reply here

Scroll to see replies

Hey
I had my assesment Tuesday and haven’t heard back yet
(edited 6 years ago)
I had a partner interview a few days ago which I though went quite well and haven't heard back yet, I know it's still early. But I feel panicky, is the success rate for partner interviews high? Like are they picky during partner interviews and fail you for minor errors?
Original post by lifeimitates
I had a partner interview a few days ago which I though went quite well and haven't heard back yet, I know it's still early. But I feel panicky, is the success rate for partner interviews high? Like are they picky during partner interviews and fail you for minor errors?

HI there,

Congrats on getting through to the partner interview. Usually for the most of the Big 4 the partner interview is just a final personality check, so if you managed to get through to that stage it usually means you have got the job in the bag!

when did you have your assessment centre and how long did they take to get back to you with the offer for partner interview? Also did you apply for the London office?

All the best, I hope you hear the good news soon!
Original post by Baam bamm
Hey
I had my assesment Tuesday and haven’t heard back yet

Mate, I had mine like 2 weeks ago now and they still haven't let me know.
Original post by darkknight93
Mate, I had mine like 2 weeks ago now and they still haven't let me know.

Did you apply for the London positions? If so what division? How many people were at the assesment the day you went? They told me it would be 5-10 working days and if you haven’t heard back then you should contact them.
Hey everyone, How are you all doing, I have managed to get a date for the partner interview, has anyone else had theirs?
Congratulations!
I unfortunately didn’t pass
All the best
Reply 8
Hey everyone, How are you all doing, I have managed to get a date for the partner interview, has anyone else had theirs?

i also have my partner interview coming up!! when is yours booked for??
Original post by bot123
i also have my partner interview coming up!! when is yours booked for??

Congrats on making it to the partner interview!! I hope you smash it!!
What department and city did you apply for ?
I had mine for the 2nd November but that got rescheduled and now they're coming back to me with a new date 😅. So hopefully it's all over soon.

All the best !
Reply 10
Congrats on making it to the partner interview!! I hope you smash it!!
What department and city did you apply for ?
I had mine for the 2nd November but that got rescheduled and now they're coming back to me with a new date 😅. So hopefully it's all over soon.

All the best !

Thanks! :biggrin: I've applied for tax in London. I recently passed the assessment centre so just waiting for a data for the senior interview as well.

Pretty nervous because I think passing this final stage is really dependent on whether the partner likes you or not. Anyway best of luck and keep us updated!!
Original post by bot123
Thanks! :biggrin: I've applied for tax in London. I recently passed the assessment centre so just waiting for a data for the senior interview as well.

Pretty nervous because I think passing this final stage is really dependent on whether the partner likes you or not. Anyway best of luck and keep us updated!!

If u don't mind me asking, how long did it take for PwC to let u know whether you were successful/unsuccessful at the AC?
Original post by Speedfile123
If u don't mind me asking, how long did it take for PwC to let u know whether you were successful/unsuccessful at the AC?

How long has it been since your assessment day? The let me know about a week later. I honestly don't know why they long it out, it should be straightforward
Reply 13
Original post by Speedfile123

1 day haha! I think it depends on how busy they are though but it shouldn't be more than 5 working days in most cases.
How long have you been waiting??
Original post by bot123
1 day haha! I think it depends on how busy they are though but it shouldn't be more than 5 working days in most cases.
How long have you been waiting??

3 days ish haha
How long has it been since your assessment day? The let me know about a week later. I honestly don't know why they long it out, it should be straightforward

Yh I know!
Lady at the AC told me should be max 5 working days so yh
Reply 16
Hi I've got my AC at PwC next week. I've applied for Management Consulting in London. What did the group task consist of and were the tests challenging or same as the application process ones? Any tips? Thanks in advance.
Original post by miz13
Hi I've got my AC at PwC next week. I've applied for Management Consulting in London. What did the group task consist of and were the tests challenging or same as the application process ones? Any tips? Thanks in advance.

Hi mate,

The group task consists of a group a 2 part discussion involving potential investment opportunities for a particular client operating in x industry. You all get given a sheet containing a particular investment route which you debate pros and cons to the entire group. So everybody will get a chance to speak ( and basically get a chance to get assessed by selling yourself ! ). I would advise to speak clearly, learn everybody's name, don't interrupt, remind people of the time but not be a pushy tw*t at the same time, speak politely and have basic table manners lol. It's not a contest to see who makes the best points, you don't even need to be right all the time. It's just an assessment to see how well you work with others.

Now the maths and reasoning tests are similar to the online ones but a tad bit harder so I would recommend smashing some online tests beforehand (practice practice practice baby!! ).

Any questions let me know mate.

It's a fairly enjoyable process. Dress smart, get a good nights sleep beforehand, get there early and drink water plenty, try getting in a bit of breakfast and keeping breathmints handy because when you're nervous and talking bares your breath might bang! Seriously, some chick next to me almost put me in a coma.

Anyway Good Luck! Anything else let me know.
Reply 18
LMAOOO, bro the ending cracked me up :biggrin: I hope that chick fixes up if she got through to the interview stage. Thanks man, I really appreciate the info. Good luck on the partner interview .

Hi mate,

The group task consists of a group a 2 part discussion involving potential investment opportunities for a particular client operating in x industry. You all get given a sheet containing a particular investment route which you debate pros and cons to the entire group. So everybody will get a chance to speak ( and basically get a chance to get assessed by selling yourself ! ). I would advise to speak clearly, learn everybody's name, don't interrupt, remind people of the time but not be a pushy tw*t at the same time, speak politely and have basic table manners lol. It's not a contest to see who makes the best points, you don't even need to be right all the time. It's just an assessment to see how well you work with others.

Now the maths and reasoning tests are similar to the online ones but a tad bit harder so I would recommend smashing some online tests beforehand (practice practice practice baby!! ).

Any questions let me know mate.

It's a fairly enjoyable process. Dress smart, get a good nights sleep beforehand, get there early and drink water plenty, try getting in a bit of breakfast and keeping breathmints handy because when you're nervous and talking bares your breath might bang! Seriously, some chick next to me almost put me in a coma.

Anyway Good Luck! Anything else let me know.
Reply 19
I have my assessment centre coming up in a few weeks for the school leavers programme, and I'm a bit confused on what comes up, this is what I got emailed:

a group discussion
an in-tray and written exercise
numerical and verbal reasoning tests

For the in-tray, I'm a bit confused how it works, you're given lots of emails which you priotise. Do you reply to these emails? I read somewhere you just list the type of priority and the action you would take?
Also for a school leavers, what would the written exercises entail? Confused what happens there
And with the group discussion, you're given a case study- and you and your group come up with a solution? Does PWC give you a range of solutions to pick from?

Mainly the in tray and written excercises I'm confused on, but any info about each activity would be really helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending