The Student Room Group

PWC School leavers 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by asma_motin
I have my assessment centre coming up in a few weeks for the school leavers programme, and I'm a bit confused on what comes up, this is what I got emailed:

a group discussion
an in-tray and written exercise
numerical and verbal reasoning tests

For the in-tray, I'm a bit confused how it works, you're given lots of emails which you priotise. Do you reply to these emails? I read somewhere you just list the type of priority and the action you would take?
Also for a school leavers, what would the written exercises entail? Confused what happens there
And with the group discussion, you're given a case study- and you and your group come up with a solution? Does PWC give you a range of solutions to pick from?

Mainly the in tray and written excercises I'm confused on, but any info about each activity would be really helpful!

Hi mate,

Sorry about the late reply,

You've pretty much said yourself what most of the assessment centre entails,

so yeah for the in tray excercise you get given a set of emails and you have to list them in order of priority and which ones you will address first, I'd recommend reading through them quickly and getting to the written part because you can quickly run out of time! The written excercise is basically collating an email based on the information received in the in tray emails. Not the most mind boggling task but just need to keep an eye on the time.

For the group discussion you get a topic to discuss and a range of options to talk through. You all each get given and option and you have to pitch the pros and cons to the greater team. There is no right or wrong answer in this excercise or any of the excercises for that matter. It's just a test to see how well you work with other people.

Absolutely nothing to worry about if you prepare beforehand.

What regional office and department did you join mate?

anyway best of luck,let me know if anything else pops in your mind!
Reply 21
When you say " The written excercise is basically collating an email based on the information received in the in tray emails " what do you mean by that - I respond only to what I believe the most important emails, for the written excersies?
I bought some in tray excersies from assesment day - you're given a set of emails and write out the set of actions you'd take for those emails and list the priority; but what you're saying what actually happens on the day, just to clarify, you're given a set of emails to list in priority and that's It??And the written excercise is mixed in with the in tray by replying to the only important emails?
Also for the group excersies, does the team report back to a group of assessors? Do we have time to plan what we all have to say??

Sorry for the tons of questions! I'm trying to be well prepared for It, thank you so much for your answers!

I'm applying for the st Albans office for assurance, wbu :smile:
Hi guys, I have received an offer to join Pwc yesterday.

If you guys have any questions regarding the any stage of the application process please let me know
Original post by darkknight93

If you guys have any questions regarding the any stage of the application process please let me know

Congrats!

I have assessment center visit booked for Dec.

Will any online assessment tests help me prepare for the in-tray and tests?

What was the interview like and type of questions asked?

Do you need to do a lot of research about PxC?

Thanks in advance for help. V.nervous.

I've got an assessment centre booked in January, wondered if you had any tips? I've started practising the verbal/numerical reasoning tests but I'm more unsure about the in-tray exercise.

Thank you!
Hi, I have my PI coming up for management consulting in London. It would be great to get some tips. Can you remember what questions were asked?
Reply 26
Hi all,

I hope you are all doing well,

I have applied for the PWC school leaver programme for Sept 2018 entry( London office ) and I have managed to get through to the assessment centre stage.

I have sat my assessment centre almost a week ago now just awaiting feedback.

Has anyone else heard anything back from PWC after their assessment centres?

Also if anyone has any questions please feel free to reply here

Hi, does anyone know how long the wait is after the final interview? and what sort of success rate there is? It's been almost a week since mine and I'm getting nervous. I applied for consulting in London :smile:
Hay,
Anyone got ac in London on 5th march?
Also really curious about the success rate
Reply 28
Original post by Ashirobi
Hay,
Anyone got ac in London on 5th march?
Also really curious about the success rate

I'm not sure what the success rate is but I've heard it's a little over half (59% I think I heard somewhere?). But I don't think it's widely publicised. Any other questions about the AC, feel free to ask me :smile:
Original post by amy_xcx
I'm not sure what the success rate is but I've heard it's a little over half (59% I think I heard somewhere?). But I don't think it's widely publicised. Any other questions about the AC, feel free to ask me :smile:

Thanks, that is before the last stage, the parter interview. Including this the chances of passing both ac and final interview is below 50%.
Did you manage to maintain a possession at pwc?
Reply 30
Thanks, that is before the last stage, the parter interview. Including this the chances of passing both ac and final interview is below 50%.
Did you manage to maintain a possession at pwc?

What do you mean by maintain a possession?
Original post by amy_xcx
What do you mean by maintain a possession?

Sorry, I mean have you passed through the whole process and received an offer
Reply 32
Sorry, I mean have you passed through the whole process and received an offer

I passed the AC and had my final interview, now I'm just waiting to hear back on the result of the final interview.
Original post by amy_xcx
I passed the AC and had my final interview, now I'm just waiting to hear back on the result of the final interview.

I Wish you the best of luck,
Is there only one interview?
Reply 34
I Wish you the best of luck,
Is there only one interview?

Thank you, you too! Which area are you applying for? Yes, there's only one interview after the Assessment Centre.
Original post by amy_xcx
Thank you, you too! Which area are you applying for? Yes, there's only one interview after the Assessment Centre.

School leaver tax in London. I have requested having the interview at ac because I am in the Middle East at the moment and would otherwise entail me traveling twice, haven't received rely yet though
Got an offer to work in Corporate Tax Reading A week ago. Just weighing my options.
Hey all,

I hope everything is going well so far!

Applications are almost coming to an end for this year. I hope you guys have learnt a lot and can take away a lot from the application process. If you have gotten a place congratulations I'll you see you around the office! If you were unsuccessful on this occasion please do not be put off applying and really do consider sending an application off again for 2019 as soon as possibe (oct 2018).

Wish you all the best of luck and do not hesitate to PM me if you have any questions as the applications cycle draw to an end.

Best
Reply 38
I received a place for Management Consultancy in Cambridge in around October, haven’t got in contact with anyone joining their Birmingham office yet and it would be great to.
Hey all,

I hope everything is going well so far!

Applications are almost coming to an end for this year. I hope you guys have learnt a lot and can take away a lot from the application process. If you have gotten a place congratulations I'll you see you around the office! If you were unsuccessful on this occasion please do not be put off applying and really do consider sending an application off again for 2019 as soon as possibe (oct 2018).

Wish you all the best of luck and do not hesitate to PM me if you have any questions as the applications cycle draw to an end.

Best

what's assessment centre like? is it difficult? Are there anything to watch out for? Because I have mine on the 12th in Leeds (have to book a hotel for it)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending