Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

We broke up nearly a year ago and haven't really talked since. I was kind of fighting it in my head, I wanted to talk but I figured maybe I needed more time to get over it and forget her. I text her yesterday asking to meet up for a chat and she said she doesn't want to yet. Does that mean she's stil not over me or does she hate me? I cant work out what the yet means. Do I wait for her to text me again to ask to meet or should I hit her up in a week or two? I know she has every right not to want to see me but I feel talking in person Id be able to express my feelings. I know shes not in a relationship and hasnt been since we broke up which is giving me hope.

She is probably still hurting, it can take a long time for people to feel okay with talking to their exes. She probably won't text you honestly, write down what you want to tell her and then when she feels okay to talk, you know what you want/need to say.

It depends on how and why you broke up. Sometimes things can't be undone or the other person moves on. The only thing you can do is give her time if you genuinely want to get back together. Or the other option is to move on, you said it has been nearly a year. People can change during that time.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2017
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.