Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Quit apprenticeship Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, i am not enjoying my apprenticeship whatsoever. I am not learning in my work place nor at college. I'm not even going to lie, at the work place i am clueless all the time and the manager or staff never explain to me what to do properly, and always leave me by myself in the office working away; due to this i literally spend like most of my days staring at a blank screen with no work. Also, at the academy none of the teachers know how to teach, in fact they act pretty childish for teachers they just join in with the naughty people in my class and make terrible jokes and we only spend about 20% of the time learning the rest of the time is ******** and everybody is failing (not even joking we have all failed the MTA's we have done so far) and they are trying to find "alternative" exams to help us as we struggle to do the MTA, but that's all down to bad teaching. I am scared that if i ask to leave this **** apprenticeship they will ask me to repay everything back. It has been 2 months and 3 weeks since i started and honestly want to leave ASAP. What laws are there in regards to leaving an apprenticeship and funding? because i actually want to do something with my life and thought an apprenticeship will be an amazing idea, but now i am not so sure as i have had such a bad experience and just want to leave.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    BTW i have tried looking online but couldnt find much or maybe im looking in the wrong places?

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing an apprenticeship and finish in December! (Yay). I reckon you should talk to the person in charge of the apprenticeship, and explain that you are not learning anything and want to change it. I know how crap they are!! I've hardly had any work given to me my whole apprenticeship and just sit at my desk all day doing nothing! Maybe get the odd job which takes me about 5 minutes to complete! Honestly apprenticeships are a waste of time and with such little money as well, I wouldn't recommend doing one to anyone!!

ReputationRep:
    What apprenticeship role is it?

I don't think they can because from the employee rules it states:

52.4. not be asked to contribute financially to the direct cost of learning or assessment (this includes where an apprentice leaves their programme early – you must not claim training or assessment costs back from ex-apprentices)

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...S_V2_FINAL.pdf

(find 52.4).

Hope that answers your question.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.