The Student Room Group

Senile old woman harrassing me

I live in a cul-de-sac in quite a rural area, which is very much a community driven neighbourhood, everyone looks out for one another, with the exception of one woman. There's this miserable old cow that lives a few houses down the road from me, and she seems to have developed some kind of vendetta against me for no apparent reason. Whenever I walk passed her house she gives me the middle finger from her living room. Furthermore, she has also grown a tendency to throw missiles at my car whenever I drive out of our road. Mouldy bread, empty cans of coke and Chinese takeaway boxes are just some of the objects that have been hurled towards me.

I have tried to speak to her, but any attempt to instigate a conversation is received by disgusting profanities from her. She is pleasant to everyone else in the area, so it's making me question whether I've done something to piss her off. My brother thinks that she has a crush on me because apparently girls that are attracted to you are likely to be fixated on drawing your attention. I tested this hypothesis by giving her a cheeky wink yesterday afternoon and she gave a smirk back. Legit considering giving her a shag to stop the harassment.

Opinions?

Scroll to see replies

is she on TSR ?

:holmes:
Original post by the bear
is she on TSR ?

She's about 50 so I don't think so...
Original post by King Leonidas

Have you talked to other neighbours about her ? She may have a medical condition like Alzheimers ?
Reply 4
I live in a cul-de-sac in quite a rural area, which is very much a community driven neighbourhood, everyone looks out for one another, with the exception of one woman. There's this miserable old cow that lives a few houses down the road from me, and she seems to have developed some kind of vendetta against me for no apparent reason. Whenever I walk passed her house she gives me the middle finger from her living room. Furthermore, she has also grown a tendency to throw missiles at my car whenever I drive out of our road. Mouldy bread, empty cans of coke and Chinese takeaway boxes are just some of the objects that have been hurled towards me.

I have tried to speak to her, but any attempt to instigate a conversation is received by disgusting profanities from her. She is pleasant to everyone else in the area, so it's making me question whether I've done something to piss her off. My brother thinks that she has a crush on me because apparently girls that are attracted to you are likely to be fixated on drawing your attention. I tested this hypothesis by giving her a cheeky wink yesterday afternoon and she gave a smirk back. Legit considering giving her a shag to stop the harassment.

Opinions?

People can get annoyed or offended by random stuff and it grow into a hatred for whoever did it. They build a grudge and just keep hating whatever that person does cos it's them. Sounds like she's just hating you cos you're you by this point.

Hopefully at some point she'll realise what she's doing, but there's no guarantee.
Just make sure she doesn't get to you and push you into giving her reasons to hate you. Keep being pleasant to her and others. Keep yourself as the good guy. If both of you become bad guys the little old lady is going to win.

Do you have any neighbours you're close to who might be able to help untangle stuff? Maybe if there's somebody who likes you and who she likes you can use it to get her to come around a bit.

Also, you may want to start filming some stuff in case this becomes a council matter or anything. Make sure you have some proof that she's instigating stuff.
Reply 5

Opinions?

Sounds like she has mental health issues. You should be careful around her, I'm 100% serious. I was unlucky enough to have 2 straight up crazy neighbours in the past, one of them ended up seriously hurting me. People like that can get out of control very fast.
If I were you, I'd try to ask a common friend. Someone who is both close to her and you. Maybe that person knows the real issue she has with you. If not, your friend can ask around secretly. Good luck!
Tell her you will call her for a draw and spin her jaw.
Reply 8
Can people not recognize a troll.. Smh.
Reply 9
missiles at your car? do you live in syria by any chance?
Reply 10

Opinions?

by the end of that I was cracking up....

8/10 whether it's a troll post or not :laugh:
Your brother could be right - some people flirt by tormenting the person they have feelings for!
It sounds like she could possibly have some mental health issues though.

If you’re friends with any of your neighbours, you could try walking past her house with one of them and see how she reacts.
Just make sure you’re extra careful!

At 50, she's not an OAP. And it's Senior Citizen now. I should know - I am one at nearly 70. And, no, it isn't me.
Reply 14
Speak to other residents close by, see if they know anything, but like people have said it could be a mental health issue. If it gets more serious than throwing coke cans at you, you may want to involve the police. Just cause she is old doesn't mean she couldn't do some damage, just be careful
Original post by the bear
is she on TSR ?

Can confirm I'm 50 year old senile woman harassing OP.

Opinions?

Could be a crush mixed in with dementia.
Or it could be full blown alzeihmers and trust me, that completely changes a person and they do the craziest of things. In which case, I'm sure you could overlook her behaviour, especially if she can't help it.
Original post by Ciel.
Sounds like she has mental health issues. You should be careful around her, I'm 100% serious. I was unlucky enough to have 2 straight up crazy neighbours in the past, one of them ended up seriously hurting me. People like that can get out of control very fast.

Yup, I had two alcoholic psychos live next to me, they decided to randomly attack me one night when I was talking with another neighbour because they thought we were talking about them, both got sectioned a few days later.
Reply 18
Maybe you relieved yourself on her flowerbed when you were pissed.

No, that isn't a euphemism.
Yeah I think old people can be tough at times but I think you should still give her a shag and tell me how it goes. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest