Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am Muslim, and I was thinking of joining the Navy as an engineer, doing a degree apprenticeship. DO I have to go through some sort of training that requires me to take my scarf off?

Please enlighten me to what my role would be.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Hellon)
    I am Muslim, and I was thinking of joining the Navy as an engineer, doing a degree apprenticeship. DO I have to go through some sort of training that requires me to take my scarf off?

Please enlighten me to what my role would be.
    Ignore what John0012 said.

The Royal Navy takes freedom of religion very seriously and you will not be required to remove your headscarf unless there is some specific health and safety reason for doing so.

You will also be free to pray on the flight deck of the ship however you will only be allowed to pray when you have free time and cannot pray while on duty.

ReputationRep:
    That is very helpful Ninja Squirrel

ReputationRep:
    John012 I won't waste more thought to your opinion, since it is entirely yours, and others like you won't help to stop me from applying since I too am British with a passport to identify and if your concerned as to whether all Muslims are terrorists and don't want to defend their country I suggest you think again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John0012)
    In my personal opinion, I wouldn't be applying to join as a navy engineer since your muslim, the british navy is for BRITISH PEOPLE ONLY, HENCE THE NAME BRITISH NAVY, SO yeah...
    I do hope you're Troll, it would take a real dumb*** to not realise that someone's religion has nothing to do with their nationality.

Edit: Seeing as this is the first post you made on an account created today, I'm going to go with you being a troll.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Hellon)
    That is very helpful Ninja Squirrel
    You're very welcome, you mention you're doing a degree apprenticeship so will you be applying as an officer? If so your duties can be found here Marine Engineer, Weapons Engineer

Best of luck to you

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.