Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it bad that I haven't revised for my a levels so far? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That_Hijabi)
    I haven't done work outside of sixth form unless it was for HW. I have done work for one of my a levels , a tiny bit for the other and absolutely 0 for the last one ( I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing). If I start now, can I get ABC/B this year?

I'm starting tomorrow since I have a day off.

How many hours should I do on each subject?

Think of it like Smoking, is it bad that someone smoked in the past (of course it is) but the sooner they stop the better it is for them, they may still have some problems but the severity of it will be lowered the earlier they stop.

Same with revision, yh sure you may have lost some revision time and you may regret it, but the sooner you start now, the better your final result is going to get.

So revise as much as possible, still keeping safe and healthy and calm; you'll do the best you can!

Hope I have helped
    Good luck and God Bless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Writer_Refresh)
    Also, I don't know which year you're in. Are you a first year? If so, it should be a lot easier for you!
    I am but one of my a levels are super hard to understand and there's a lot of work so it's not as easy it sounds for me

ReputationRep:
    Which subject is it? If it's one I'm doing, I can PM you some really useful websites and stuff to help you out!

ReputationRep:
    I am but one of my a levels are super hard to understand and there's a lot of work so it's not as easy it sounds for me
    Wait you're only in first year *sigh* this thread has just turned pointless..just relax please and carry on studying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WannabeOxfoMedic)
    Think of it like Smoking, is it bad that someone smoked in the past (of course it is) but the sooner they stop the better it is for them, they may still have some problems but the severity of it will be lowered the earlier they stop.

Same with revision, yh sure you may have lost some revision time and you may regret it, but the sooner you start now, the better your final result is going to get.

So revise as much as possible, still keeping safe and healthy and calm; you'll do the best you can!

Hope I have helped
    Good luck and God Bless
    Wait you're only in first year *sigh* this thread has just turned pointless..just relax please and carry on studying
    That was amazing! It did help

No but you don't understand . I got 5 B-C grades at gcse because I never revised and wasted a whole year of year 12 so I'm just so afraid of failing!! People say GCSEs are nothing compared to A levels and that just makes me believe I'm dumb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Writer_Refresh)
    Which subject is it? If it's one I'm doing, I can PM you some really useful websites and stuff to help you out!
    Psychology, sociology and business studies

ReputationRep:
    That was amazing! It did help

No but you don't understand . I got 5 B-C grades at gcse because I never revised and wasted a whole year of year 12 so I'm just so afraid of failing!! People say GCSEs are nothing compared to A levels and that just makes me believe I'm dumb.
    first step is to calm down and do some revision every day..every drop in the sea counts...as long as you stay calm and try your best and try your maximum knowing you cant do anymore ...you will do the best

and the fact you know you didnt revise for your GCSEs and still passed and got good grades show you that if you do revise you will surely get the best grades.

So leave the stress to someone else...you work hard gurl and revise!!

ReputationRep:
    first step is to calm down and do some revision every day..every drop in the sea counts...as long as you stay calm and try your best and try your maximum knowing you cant do anymore ...you will do the best

and the fact you know you didnt revise for your GCSEs and still passed and got good grades show you that if you do revise you will surely get the best grades.

So leave the stress to someone else...you work hard gurl and revise!!
    Thank you. Sorry if I sound annoying 😂

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. Sorry if I sound annoying 😂
    its fine gurl I get you

ReputationRep:
    Start revising 1 day before the exam

ReputationRep:
    I have done any, I’m planning on getting ABC
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xBasedChris)
    Despite what many on TSR say, you don't need to start revising this early. I started my A2 revision around Easter and got A*A*A. A-Levels are not as hard as TSR hypes them up to be.
    What subjects? Well done!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't done work outside of sixth form unless it was for HW. I have done work for one of my a levels , a tiny bit for the other and absolutely 0 for the last one ( I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing). If I start now, can I get ABC/B this year?

I'm starting tomorrow since I have a day off.

How many hours should I do on each subject?
    Depends how well you're doing right now. If you're regularly achieving the grades you want in class tests and work, you're fine. If you're underachieving though, you need to step it up. Different people need different amounts of work - my teachers say 4-5 hours per week per subject (and I'm a first year!), but I can tell you that nobody I know does more than half that.

Remember that it's easy to burn yourself out. Do your revision little and often to try to keep on top of everything you've learned so far. But don't got all-out just yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMindGarage)
    Depends how well you're doing right now. If you're regularly achieving the grades you want in class tests and work, you're fine. If you're underachieving though, you need to step it up. Different people need different amounts of work - my teachers say 4-5 hours per week per subject (and I'm a first year!), but I can tell you that nobody I know does more than half that.

Remember that it's easy to burn yourself out. Do your revision little and often to try to keep on top of everything you've learned so far. But don't got all-out just yet.
    I am under achieving in 2 of my a levels so I guess I do need to step it up. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MajorFader)
    What subjects? Well done!
    English, IT, Politics

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.