How do I get a B at business A level CIE?

Watch
GotASecret
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm struggling I'm getting U's on tests and homeworks. I want to do hardcore revision for the next 8 months...
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
TheYearNiner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by That_Hijabi)
I'm struggling I'm getting U's on tests and homeworks. I want to do hardcore revision for the next 8 months...
Bruh business is easy man I took economics AS and compared to economics, its F*** easy. Just remember the definitions that is key. Also, make sure you know how to structure the long mark questions such as doing conclusion and crap. I won't go into too much detail but just remember your definitions and remember the opportunity cost of not remembering your definitions is your place at university.
GotASecret
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheYearNiner)
Bruh business is easy man I took economics AS and compared to economics, its F*** easy. Just remember the definitions that is key. Also, make sure you know how to structure the long mark questions such as doing conclusion and crap. I won't go into too much detail but just remember your definitions and remember the opportunity cost of not remembering your definitions is your place at university.
It's not that easy for me tbh.
ayeazm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It’s been a while since I did A level business, but I remember really sucking at it in the beginning but ending up with an A* at the end. Basically keep in mind the key terms, of the question and the topics. Always pre-plan your answers. Always try to/have it based on/relate to a local business. And don’t just stick to the topic at hand - explore further topics that go along with it and other aspects it could have an effect on - also showing a level of emotional intelligence on questions is always a bonus. Also make sure you do what the question asks, compare/contrast/evaluate are all different commands.
GotASecret
Rep:
?
(Original post by ayeazm)
It’s been a while since I did A level business, but I remember really sucking at it in the beginning but ending up with an A* at the end. Basically keep in mind the key terms, of the question and the topics. Always pre-plan your answers. Always try to/have it based on/relate to a local business. And don’t just stick to the topic at hand - explore further topics that go along with it and other aspects it could have an effect on - also showing a level of emotional intelligence on questions is always a bonus. Also make sure you do what the question asks, compare/contrast/evaluate are all different commands.
What does pre planning your answers mean? Thanks
ayeazm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by That_Hijabi)
What does pre planning your answers mean? Thanks
Basically before you write down your answer, which is most probs going to be a long essay, you jot down thoughts/ideas/notes/a basic outline of what you will be saying in the essay. Sort of like a mental map of you’ve ever used them before. Also always make sure it’s clear so that examiners can see your ideas and where they come from
emptystudent
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
struggling here too......... The content memorization is back breaking!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (95)
38.93%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
11.07%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.38%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.36%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.3%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.97%

Watched Threads