Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

just a yes or no would massively help me Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi I think I have a great idea for a new product but would massively appreciate
    some honest and genuine feedback before i spend money developing it.

This was not something I invented as such. I tried to find this product for my kids and
    was shocked that there wasn't one already out there. It might be that there's a reason for this and that's what I'm trying to find out.

My idea is for a lightweight cylinder container specifically to transport a tortilla wrap
    sandwich and keep it in tact. There will be 2 sizes a full size and one for a smaller wrap. Is this a good idea ?

1. Is it a good idea ? Yes or no
    2. How likely would you be to buy it? Highly likely, likely, somewhat or unlikely
    3. Who would you be buying it for?

Any other comments welcomed.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    yes
    unlikely
    Mexicans

ReputationRep:
    Okay so it seems practical but I don't really see much people buying them and there's not a wide target market for it. With food products people prefer stuff that makes the food or transports the food- like a lunchbox. People like these ideas developed, I don't see much buying something so simple.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    No

Spoiler:
    Show

sorry didn't read the question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachelh999)

This was not something I invented as such. I tried to find this product for my kids and
    was shocked that there wasn't one already out there. It might be that there's a reason for this and that's what I'm trying to find out.

My idea is for a lightweight cylinder container specifically to transport a tortilla wrap
    sandwich and keep it in tact. There will be 2 sizes a full size and one for a smaller wrap. Is this a good idea ?

2. How likely would you be to buy it? Highly likely, likely, somewhat or unlikely

Thanks
    1) If nothing like it exists yet, then yes. Heck banana lunch boxes exist.
    2) Unlikely because I'd just wrap it in tinfoil.
    3) no one.

ReputationRep:
    Having read the question, I can genuinely say no.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Not a bad idea and I'm sure there are some people who would go for it. It's such a niece product though. Would help if you could think of other potential uses to make it less specific cos otherwise it's too specific to ever use it unless you're totally obsessed with tortillas. Maybe as a salad or fruit cup etc.
    I guess you could make it out of silicone so it would be more flexible, could be used to heat the tortilla in the oven/ microwave, make rice dishes, put in the dish washer etc.

I would be unlikely to buy it myself unless I knew a totally tortilla obsessed person. It's just too specific. On the rare occasion I packed a tortilla I'd just wedge it in a lunch box or use tin foil. I might be more likely to get it if I though I could use it for making quick microwave foods etc and it wouldn't take up too much space. Maybe also if it had a little pouch or something for slipping in cutlery, a tube yoghurt, sachet of sauce or whatever- again making it more multi purpose. You could have a tortilla and a frube, a salad with dressing and fork, stir fry and chopsticks etc.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't buy it because i'm not a fan of tortillas and neither are many of the people I know. I think the product you are thinking about limits the use. Not many people are going to go out and buy a container for a tortilla specifically because there are other products like a lunch box that you can choose what you want to put in it.

ReputationRep:
    Being honest I would have to say no; you probably wouldn't sell enough to make profit on the item - I imagine people just use tupperware boxes for this sort of stuff. It's a nice idea but people would rather just use a standard square plastic container than buying a differently shaped one to mould around a particular item of food.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachelh999)

Thanks
    good idea, but basically just a tube. very easy to copy it. i would just use tin foil. dont think many would pay for itvand even if didm woulnt make lots out of it. seems like something u would see on dragons den.

BETTER IDEA FOR FREE:would still be a tube but would open from top using hinges instead of from side. this could mean when close it with wrap in side it would pree on the two ends of wrap and secure it tight. so when eat it nothing falls out end. which is a probelm people have. this would make it more unique. feel free to pm me. good a design ect.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.