Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what adult problems are getting on your nerves recently? Watch

• Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    There a certain annoying things that you have to do as an adult, so what's been annoying you?
    I've been trying to pay tax I owe for the past couple of weeks and HMRC's website won't work and the nearby supermarket has moved a bunch of things so i don't know where they are anymore

ReputationRep:
    Having to live alone so having to do everything for myself. Does having to do uni work count?

I think tax is the main issue with most people

ReputationRep:
      Generally having to pay bills 😂

ReputationRep:
      Everyone asking to borrow money cause they can't manage their finances and I'm the only one in my immediate family that has any savings, while the rest of them live in a perpetual cycle of "get the money, spend the money, get the money, spend the money".
      • Section Leader
      • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
      Having to live alone so having to do everything for myself. Does having to do uni work count?
      yes, living alone takes time to get used to.

ReputationRep:
      life.
      • Section Leader
      • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Blackstarr)
      I think tax is the main issue with most people
      I accept that I have to pay it, i just wish they'd let me correct it with an easy phone call rather than use a website that doesn't work:P
      (Original post by MissLauren)
      Generally having to pay bills 😂
      Everyone wishes they didnt exist i think:P
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      Having to call up for a doctor's appointment since my mum won't do it for me any more

Plus it was a hassle having to call up companies telling them my new married name. I've still yet to change the name on my provisional
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      For me its bank statements, trying to work out what I want to do next year, and getting used to doing busy shifts at work.

(Original post by Rum Ham)
      Having to call up for a doctor's appointment since my mum won't do it for me any more

Plus it was a hassle having to call up companies telling them my new married name. I've still yet to change the name on my provisional
      :hugs: I also dislike talking on the phone but that must be a pain

ReputationRep:
      having to pay for everything

even though i can buy what i want now, it just annoys me at times. i miss the times my parents would buy it everything for me

ReputationRep:
      Not matching up to other proper adults and your parents when they were your age. Feeling like a child.
      • Section Leader
      • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
      Everyone asking to borrow money cause they can't manage their finances and I'm the only one in my immediate family that has any savings, while the rest of them live in a perpetual cycle of "get the money, spend the money, get the money, spend the money".
      Have you had no luck when you tell them no?

I've found it surprisingly easy so far, a few companies let me do it on twitter:P I've got my provisional to sort this week, then my passport once i get my certificate back but that's it. Does your doctors not have online patient access?

(Original post by Chronoscope)
      For me its bank statements, trying to work out what I want to do next year, and getting used to doing busy shifts at work.
      It takes a while getting used to a work routine, you could go paperless so at least you can access all your statements easily?
      (Original post by goggleyed)
      having to pay for everything

even though i can buy what i want now, it just annoys me at times. i miss the times my parents would buy it everything for me
      It's that balance of being able to buy stuff but not too much stuff:P
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      It takes a while getting used to a work routine, you could go paperless so at least you can access all your statements easily?
      ikr, I've seen routine developing though, over the past month, which is pretty good especially with college too.
      I considered going paperless when first opening my bank account, but I tend to keep them in a folder, and write on them in pencil to know what I spent that month (if you get me,)
      • TSR Support Team
      • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
      Bless I'm so glad my GP surgery is about 50m walk away. It's quicker to walk there than making a call.

As someone else said - living alone.

ReputationRep:
      I moved to uni a month ago and still haven't registered with my local doctor. It's literally only a 7 minute walk away but because it's so close it seems like so much effort going out "only do to one little thing".

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by claireestelle)
      Have you had no luck when you tell them no?
      It's not really an option, tbh. They always seem to get themselves into some sort of financial s***hole and I don't really want to see them turning to loans with extortionate APR and stuff like that. I have no trouble saying no if it's not for stuff they actually need, but it's just not in me to sit back and watch them get into debt or go without.
      • TSR Support Team
      • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
      Car insurance renewals. I get an extra years no claims bonus and expect to receive a lower premium but instead it goes up by £200. Then I call them saying I can get it £400 cheaper elsewhere so they drop it by £400.

Same phone call every year
      • Section Leader
      • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Chronoscope)
      ikr, I've seen routine developing though, over the past month, which is pretty good especially with college too.
      I considered going paperless when first opening my bank account, but I tend to keep them in a folder, and write on them in pencil to know what I spent that month (if you get me,)
      My online banking can make you a graph of where your money went, it's pretty nifty if not slightly depressing
      • TSR Support Team
      • Community Assistant
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      Just money in general
      Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.