Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I be fwb or just move on? Watch

There is a guy I've known for 2.5 years but he's always lived very far away, apart from the first few months of knowing eac hother, and so he's never wanted an LDR.

We have been FWB on and off and it's always been a bit complicated between us. He had an LDR before which ended and I think it took him a while to get over it; he says he never wants another LDR again.

We were living 4,000 miles apart before so didn't see each other, but we're now living 3 hours' drive, which isn't too bad.

however, it's still too far for him he says, which I understand. He wants us to see each other casually but doesn't want a long-distance relationship.

I'm torn because at the same time, I also think 3 hours is a bit too far and that it'd be tough, even though it would just be for 6 months or so, and that i'd be able to move closer if things worked out.

The thing is, I like him so much and we are insanely attracted to each other; there is a lot of chemistry. I'm not really interested in anyone closer and part of me is tempted to go for it.

At the same time, I'm afraid of getting hurt and getting attached, even though I know the distance is too far. But for some reason, we have been in constant contact for 2 years and flirting throughout that time and I feel like there is something there, and that it's worth seeing him.

Any advice? Thanks

any advice? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You will get attached, you will get hurt. FWB might be worth it though, your choice.

ReputationRep:
    Do not be fwb with him. You seem like the type to get attached to someone after being intimate and I just know that getting involved with someone who has already made it clear that they don't want a LDR is gonna end up with you being hurt. You'll always meet someone better don't worry (:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.