The Student Room Group

Will I get unconditional offers?

I sat my A-Levels this summer just gone; I’m on a gap year now. I’ve met the entry requirements for 4 of my uni choices already (the other requires STEP). Does that mean I should get unconditional offers from those 4 unis? Or will they want me to come in for an interview first (given that I withdrew my UCAS application last year for a different course that I’m applying to now)? Or will they add on extra requirements?
Reply 1
Original post by Constan4699
I sat my A-Levels this summer just gone; I’m on a gap year now. I’ve met the entry requirements for 4 of my uni choices already (the other requires STEP). Does that mean I should get unconditional offers from those 4 unis? Or will they want me to come in for an interview first (given that I withdrew my UCAS application last year for a different course that I’m applying to now)? Or will they add on extra requirements?

They won't make you come in for an interview just because you applied before. They will only interview you if they usually interview for that course. If you do receive an offer, it will be unconditional.
Original post by Juno
They won't make you come in for an interview just because you applied before. They will only interview you if they usually interview for that course. If you do receive an offer, it will be unconditional.

So by applying for a course at a university that doesn’t usually require an interview, they wouldn’t ask me in for an interview knowing that I applied for a different course last year - in case they thought there was some deception going on on my part?
Reply 3
Original post by Constan4699
So by applying for a course at a university that doesn’t usually require an interview, they wouldn’t ask me in for an interview knowing that I applied for a different course last year - in case they thought there was some deception going on on my part?

What kind of deception could there be?

As long as you can talk convincingly in your personal statement about the new course, it will be fine.
Original post by Juno
What kind of deception could there be?

As long as you can talk convincingly in your personal statement about the new course, it will be fine.

Well like in my personal statement last year sounding really passionate for the course, now this year sounding passionate for the course I want to do now, so I’m just wondering whether this would suggest to them a commitment issue or some lying on my part
It is accepted that people do sometimes change their minds about what to study. As long as you PS supports your new application, it should be fine. I don’t think the uni will regard it as suspicious.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending