Turn on thread page Beta

I literally have no idea what's going on with me. watch

So sometimes I get really depressed for no reason whatsoever and this can last for 1-2 weeks. During this period I cry for no reason even when I'm thinking about things that make me happy. After this depression period I genuinely feel normal again and can continue my daily life for about 2 weeks. Then the week after the whole depression period begins again and the cycle continues. I don't know what to do and this is getting to point where its affecting my A levels as I miss lessons sometimes or can't revise. So if anyone knows what this is or has experienced this can you please let me know? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    If it causes dysfunction and affects your life seek help sweetheart tell your teachers or your parents
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, when it comes down to things like depressive spells and mental health, the internet is the worst place to ask for advice. Speak to a doctor or at least close family about it, the best thing you can do is get a support network around you for when these periods come. But i recommend seeing a doctor because it could be depression and they can help you if it is

Hope you feel better soon hun

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear you're feeling this. I felt exactly the same way for the last few months, it was really affecting my social life and my studies, as well as my general well being. Although I was super nervous and scared about telling anyone about how I was feeling, i finally went to talk to one of my teachers about this a couple of days ago, and I can honestly say it has made all the difference as this conversation has opened up a whole range of different support options.
    I completely understand how you feel, and I know that some days you feel the worst, and some days you feel fine, I get that too. But I would encourage you to talk to someone you trust, it doesn't have to be a teacher, to enable you to get the support that you deserve.
    Wishing you all the best, and if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to contact me. Ellie x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2017
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.