The Student Room Group

How to get A's to A*'s?

I'm in Year 10, I really want to get 8-9's. What is a good revision technique? How do people retain all the topics they learnt in year 10, for year 11?

Year 10, is the most important Year and I've started off pretty well there is just a couple of subjects that I have no teacher in or my teachers is unable to teach properly. Anyway please could you answer my question.
Hard work is needed, you can't just say you will do it, if no action is applied. I just want to be successful.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Honestly, it is just going to be a matter of you putting your studies first. You have to make sacrifices if you want to get all top grades, research outside of your specific subject requirements, spend an hour a night reviewing what you learned in class that day and then try to go a little deeper.

Unfortunately, there is no perfect method of revising, it is what works for you best. Just make sure that the information is from a reliable source (for god sakes no Wikipedia), be careful with YouTube videos. Your best bet is to go to your local library and take out books in the subjects you are studying. As for retaining information, you could try memory exercises. And this may sound insane, but drink water 😊 The more hydrated you are the better your brain is going to work
Reply 2
Original post by Avaia
Honestly, it is just going to be a matter of you putting your studies first. You have to make sacrifices if you want to get all top grades, research outside of your specific subject requirements, spend an hour a night reviewing what you learned in class that day and then try to go a little deeper.

Unfortunately, there is no perfect method of revising, it is what works for you best. Just make sure that the information is from a reliable source (for god sakes no Wikipedia), be careful with YouTube videos. Your best bet is to go to your local library and take out books in the subjects you are studying. As for retaining information, you could try memory exercises. And this may sound insane, but drink water 😊 The more hydrated you are the better your brain is going to work

My teacher told me to retain stuff I could go back in my book for like 15 minutes, to retain information.

Quick Reply

Latest