Medicine- Did you revise everyday for AS/A levels?

Watch
username3112590
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
People who have gotten into medicine how much did you revise everyday, aside from homework (weekends/weekdays)

Even people who want to do medicine have you put in a lot of effort since you started sixth form

I want to do medicine and I'm currently doing 2-4 hours of revision on weekdays, and 0-1 hours on weekends , should I be doing more revision weekends do you think? As my friend who also want's to do medicine says she does 5 hours on weekdays and 8-10 hours on weekends
Any answers are welcome ))
Mathsmad123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I never did any homework in sixth form.
For revision, I did about 2 hours everyday on weekdays and 3-4 hours everyday at the weekends.
I started this from november till my exams
My final grades were A*A*AA
I think you should defo do more on weekends imo, you want to have a perfect understanding of subject content by march so you can do past papers and ace exam technique
username3112590
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mathsmad123)
I never did any homework in sixth form.
For revision, I did about 2 hours everyday on weekdays and 3-4 hours everyday at the weekends.
I started this from november till my exams
My final grades were A*A*AA
I think you should defo do more on weekends imo, you want to have a perfect understanding of subject content by march so you can do past papers and ace exam technique
Thanks, but the thing is that when I revise on weekdays I understand it after my x hours of revision, so what's the point of going over the same content (you understand) again Do you get what I mean?
Or what I was planning to do from now on was to do questions from workbooks, online questions, textbook questions etc... Or do you think it's better to test myself on the notes and flashcards I made on the weekdays?
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by GCSE 9)
Thanks, but the thing is that when I revise on weekdays I understand it after my x hours of revision, so what's the point of going over the same content (you understand) again Do you get what I mean?
Or what I was planning to do from now on was to do questions from workbooks, online questions, textbook questions etc... Or do you think it's better to test myself on the notes and flashcards I made on the weekdays?
Its an independent thing based on what works for you. You can always do more - repetition is good for memory, and you can always read around the subject to help your understanding. Whether you want to or not is another question.

I personally only revised at all during exam time, but that would not work for everyone.
username3112590
Rep:
?
Anymore answers are appreciated
Asklepios
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For me, it was maybe a couple of hours a week during term time plus maybe 4-5 hours a day during exam time
Clutch A
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The general rule is one hour of revision a day for each of your subjects. I'd say stick to that until you get to exam season where you should be looking to spend around 1+1/2 to 2 hours on each subject a day.
username3112590
Rep:
?
(Original post by Asklepios)
For me, it was maybe a couple of hours a week during term time plus maybe 4-5 hours a day during exam time
Which term time
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Clutch A)
The general rule is one hour of revision a day for each of your subjects. I'd say stick to that until you get to exam season where you should be looking to spend around 1+1/2 to 2 hours on each subject a day.
Holy ****.
Asklepios
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by GCSE 9)
Which term time
Just like as in any school term not in the direct lead up to exams
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (12)
7.36%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (27)
16.56%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (26)
15.95%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
14.72%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (45)
27.61%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (29)
17.79%

Watched Threads