Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

should I open the photo he sent on snapchat? Watch

I’m 17 in year 13. I haven’t spoken to any boys for about 5 years and I don’t go out with friends. There was a boy that I used to bother with a lot in primary but I haven’t spoken to him for 5 years and he has changed he goes out drinking and smoking and what not. I added him on snapchat yesterday as he was in suggested people. I regretted it instantly because I knew if he snapped me it would be awkward. And now he has snapped me. I don’t know if I should open it because I don’t want to open it and ignore him. I mean I would talk to him but he talks to my brother sometimes and it would be so awkward if he told my bro. I’m allowed a boyfriend no problem but I would feel so awkward telling my mother so yeah. I don’t know what to do, please help!

There are people dying in the world.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    There are people dying in the world.
    Yes I know there are but I’m just asking for advice

ReputationRep:
    well i personally think u should, i mean if that was me i would definetly wanna know wat he sent, i mean for all u know it might be a snap he sent to all the other followers on his account, i mean its not like u have to answer, so yh open it, u only live once

ReputationRep:
    Just say hi

ReputationRep:
    There's no requirement for you to respond to the snaps you get.

(Original post by AKA2234)
    well i personally think u should, i mean if that was me i would definetly wanna know wat he sent, i mean for all u know it might be a snap he sent to all the other followers on his account, i mean its not like u have to answer, so yh open it, u only live once
    That’s what I was thinking that he had sent something to everyone but I’m worried I would open it and he is just saying hey to me

I want to open it and possibly say hi (if it was just to me) but I’m afraid everyone would find out, including my older brothers and sisters who would prolly take the mick. I really want to see what it is 😩

ReputationRep:
    I personally would open it but i don't see any issue with ignoring him. If it is really awkward then can't you just unfriend him?

ReputationRep:
    gurl just open it, ur gonna go mad just thinking about it, i doubt they would find out, seriously are u into this guy or nah?

(Original post by AKA2234)
    gurl just open it, ur gonna go mad just thinking about it, i doubt they would find out, seriously are u into this guy or nah?
    Yeah suppose I do like him ( ever since he was my boyfriend for like 2 weeks when I was 10) 😂

ReputationRep:
    lol thats cute, but yh i think u should open it, ngl im just gonna keep repeating that to u till u open it x
    But if this guy means something to u, then try speaking to him, he might feel the same way

I have quite bad anxiety so I’m really quiet. He goes out drinking And smoking. I think he did used to like me when we were like 11/12 but idk now

ReputationRep:
    wow those type of guys, honestly u have a history with this guy, try becoming friends first, then see wat happens, he might or may not remember, but u should try, dont let ur fear/anxiety get in the way, it will make situations a whole lot worse, open up, build up the confidence

Children are dying in Africa and there’s someone debating whether to open a f*cking snap. Holy sh*t he’s not gonna start hunting you down if he sees you’ve opened his posts.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Just open it, I'm curious now!!!!

I really don’t know what to do! I would feel like an idiot now if he has just sent ‘streaks’ to everyone haha. I do like him but I don’t know if he likes me! This is so hard

ReputationRep:
    dude stfu, okay, no one asked u to get involved in this thread, she just needs some advice, not the end of the world yh, trust me go to some other thread saying how there are children in africa dying, coz some of the threads on here are completly irrelevant, so if u dont have nothing decent to day to her, then gtfu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I really don’t know what to do! I would feel like an idiot now if he has just sent ‘streaks’ to everyone haha. I do like him but I don’t know if he likes me! This is so hard
    It's not hard, just open the snap. Why would it be awkward?

ReputationRep:
    tbh just open it, wat do u have to lose anyways

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.