Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys...

I was just wondering whether there are any fellow Wigan Athletic fans on here who want to talk about the club? I've been supporting Wigan for years and am looking for someone to speak with about them. What do you think about the start to the season? Or if someone supports another League 1 club they're welcome to the discussion as well.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys...

Just wondering if there are any fellow Wigan Athletic fans on here who want to talk about the club? I've been supporting Wigan for years now and just wondered if anyone wanted to talk. What do you think of our start to the season? Or if you support another club you're also welcome to the discussion 🙂.

ReputationRep:
    How did winning the FA Cup against City and then getting relegated the next game feel like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    How did winning the FA Cup against City and then getting relegated the next game feel like?
    Getting relegated was a downer, but for us to win the FA Cup was just amazing. I actually went to the FA Cup match and the atmosphere was incredible. Hopefully a few seasons from now we can return to the Premier League.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cricinfo)
    Getting relegated was a downer, but for us to win the FA Cup was just amazing. I actually went to the FA Cup match and the atmosphere was incredible. Hopefully a few seasons from now we can return to the Premier League.
    Was it Maloney who put in that MOTM performance?

There is this thread for lower league teams: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...73315&page=348

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    Was it Maloney who put in that MOTM performance?

There is this thread for lower league teams: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...73315&page=348
    Ah cheers. Yes it was - he set up the winning goal in the 91st minute!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Just moved the thread to football forum. That is a better place to talk about a football club in my opinion!

Have never support Wigan athletic at all. I was a Chelsea FC fan long time ago. That was before Abramowitsch entered the club, so a long while.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Moved to Football.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Moved to Football.
    Sorry, AJ, but I was faster than you! you are too late!

Sounds like, you are not so sad about the relegation. You would never change the success in FA Cup into staying in the league? I guess the victory in FA cup final was more important for you than playing another season in premier league, am I right?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    It looks like they posted two versions of the same thread, and someone else has combined them together, because there are two copies of the first post, and I definitely moved one thread over from Advice on everyday issues. :p: Thanks though!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    It looks like they posted two versions of the same thread, and someone else has combined them together, because there are two copies of the first post, and I definitely moved one thread over from Advice on everyday issues. :p: Thanks though!
    Okay, this was not the subforum I am assigned. Thanks to you too that you have combined and move it.

ReputationRep:
    Just moved the thread to football forum. That is a better place to talk about a football club in my opinion!

Have never support Wigan athletic at all. I was a Chelsea FC fan long time ago. That was before Abramowitsch entered the club, so a long while.
    Yes, that was a while ago - just looked it up and realised I was 2 years old when he took over! I was born in a place called Ormskirk which is quite close to Wigan (15-20 minute drive) and we had our first house there, which is why I support them. Not to mention the fact that it's a great club.

ReputationRep:

Sounds like, you are not so sad about the relegation. You would never change the success in FA Cup into staying in the league? I guess the victory in FA cup final was more important for you than playing another season in premier league, am I right?
    I think so - because it's not often that we get our hands on some silverware, and the previous few seasons we'd been just staying up by the skin of our teeth, so relegation at some point was inevitable. We should have gone back up the following season, when we got into the Championship play offs, but that is a different matter. I think we're guaranteed to get promotion this season, and hopefully we can get back into the Premier League where we belong in 2-3 years time. I'm hopeful for the future.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that was a while ago - just looked it up and realised I was 2 years old when he took over! I was born in a place called Ormskirk which is quite close to Wigan (15-20 minute drive) and we had our first house there, which is why I support them. Not to mention the fact that it's a great club.
    I just imagine what a fan would you be now, if you have spent a lot of your time in London...

(...)I think we're guaranteed to get promotion this season, and hopefully we can get back into the Premier League where we belong in 2-3 years time. I'm hopeful for the future.
    THose are good news indeed. Which your club the best of luck!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 2, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.