Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Eleanoric Grow your Grades 2017 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Name:  eLEANORIC.png
Views: 23
Size:  201.1 KB

Grow your grades 2017

Hello everyone!
    I've never done a grow my grades before so I hope I'm doing this right!

INTRODUCTION
    I am 15 and from the middle of the British countryside, I like vinyl records, the bass guitar and the colours brown and yellow (I'm pretentious what can I say?)
    This GyG is for my end of year exams.

MY SUBJECTS
    • Maths
    • English (language and literature)
    • Biology
    • Chemistry
    • Physics
    • History
    • Geography
    • German
    • Art

MY RESULTS FROM LAST YEAR
    Spoiler:
    Show
    • Maths 79%
    • English 96%
    • Biology 74%
    • Chemistry 91%
    • Physics 59%
    • History 88%
    • Geography 89%
    • German 75%
    • Art lvl8 (80%-90%)

MY GOALS FOR THIS YEAR
    Spoiler:
    Show
    • Maths 80%
    • English 90%
    • Biology 75%
    • Chemistry 85%
    • Physics 70%
    • History 80%
    • Geography 85%
    • German 75%
    • Art 80%

I know some of these goals may seem easy compared to my results from last year, the exams I will take this year are a lot harder and the time taken for my work load as well as my extra curricular activities has increased. Also I got REALLY lucky last year, I don't really know what happened lol, anyways these are my goals for this year!

Also to spend less time procrastinating and to be more pro-active especially in regards to things I am worried about!

My Results
    Spoiler:
    Show

none yetttttttttt

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, if last year’s results are anything to go by I’m sure you’ll do great.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Name:  weeks 1 to 6.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  136.6 KB

As I've started this half a term in (oops!) I thought I'd do a quick summary of how my year has been going!
    I've not had any major tests yet, well I had a few in the week before half term but I've yet to get the marks back. The workload this year had InCrEAsED YIKES, I'm feeling the most stressed about German if I'm honest but it think I'm managing okay with everything else!
    I've re-autioned and re-secured my place in my pubic speaking this year which is good but it means that in the next few weeks I'll have even more to do! :emo:

Overall
    I think this term has been going pretty well so far - I haven't made as much contribution in class as I would've liked but for me at least, new class = uncomfortable so hopefully that will begin to wear off soon!

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Copy of header image.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  136.6 KB
    So half term,
    This half term I've mostly been chilling - I've had a lot of work over the last 6 weeks,
    I had a few tests before half term which didn't go very well (bio and history) so I've been trying to just relax.
    As soon as I go back to school I've got 3 tests (a 1 hour maths, a 1 hour physics, and a German mini test) so I've done revision for those!
    Over the half term I went to see Stonehenge and the Magna Carta which was AWESOME but other than that I've not done much!
    School starts again and I don't think I'm ready lol.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    No fancy headers for this post. I feel awful and have just done really badly on both my maths and physics tests, they were much harder than I expected and I was just lost. I know I've done bad in maths (e.g, one question said simply but my answer didn't have a common factor lol) but maybe physics was okay? If the mark scheme is lenient?
    Anyways, just thought I should update about those tests.

ReputationRep:
    Good news!!
    Just got the tests I did before half term back,
    History
    was good - 82%
    Biology
    (bear in mind I don't consider myself good at science) went REALLY WELL, the class average was 62% and I got 84%!
    It was the highest in my class and one of the highest in my year so I'm very pleased.
    Physics
    I also got that physics test I thought I'd done terribly on, 73% which is not great but is MUCH better than I'd expected!

Also if your wondering why these are all at once - I've been superrrrr busy so I'm spam posting all the ones I would've posted.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Copy of header image.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  140.4 KB
    So I just got my autumn grade card and I am PLEASED.
    I'm really proud of my grades all together. I expected that my lowest grades would be physics and German but I am trying to work on those . I think my physics teacher is a bit optimistic but I'm not complaining!
    My grades were on course for - so not what I'm currently working at but what I would get at GCSE (summer 2019) if I carried on working at my current pace.
    I also got target grades (usually one grade higher than the ones below) but I'm not going to post those I don't think.
    The grades

Spoiler:
    Show

Maths: 9/8
    English: 9/8
    Chemistry : 8/7
    Bio: 9/8
    Physics: 8
    History: 8
    German: 7
    Art: 8/7
    Geography: 9

I'm going to try and focus on raising the 7s to 8s - especially in chemistry as I find it really interesting!
    Overall - I'm happy with my grades so far, I hope I can keep this up!
    (will those be famous last words? WHO KNOWS)

ReputationRep:
    A bit of a setback...
    sooooooooo I've just spent about 4 hours on one physics sheet? I don't get it at all?? I'm vv upset and frustrated??
    Physics and German are definitely my worst subjects by I didn't think I'd be struggling this much on one mini sheet. I've just finished it but I'm not confident that any of these answers are right
    Not feeling very confident at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    hey! i absolutely love your headers, how do you make them!? all the best for y11 and im sure you'll smash your gcses!
    Spoiler:
    Show

feel free to check out my gyg if you want https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5005612

Submit reply
Updated: November 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.