Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I have called student finance numerous times and each adviser gives a different opinion. I have been studying part time for a foundation and currently in my third/ final year. I was told prior to starting this course that I would be able to return to full time study, which was the plan for a full-time BSc. Before applying I thought I best double check and now have been told this is not possible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi dragonface,

As long as you are studying a full time course that is of a higher level qualification than your part time one you would be able to get some funding for this.

We do however take into account your previous study for your part time course if a qualification was gained which can have an impact on your entitlement and on whether or not we can pay you a Tuition Fee Loan (TFL).

To calculate your entitlement for this we would look at the length of the full time course you would be coming back to do and we would add on an additional years funding to this then we would deduct the number of years of previous study you had.

I would be happy to give you more specific information on what you would be eligible to apply for if you can give me a bit more information.

You indicated you have would have three years previous study for your part time course and that you would be expecting to gain a foundation degree but can you confirm if it is a three year BSc that you are starting? When does your course start and what year of the course are you entering from?

Thanks

Laura

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura S SFE)
    Hi dragonface,

As long as you are studying a full time course that is of a higher level qualification than your part time one you would be able to get some funding for this.

We do however take into account your previous study for your part time course if a qualification was gained which can have an impact on your entitlement and on whether or not we can pay you a Tuition Fee Loan (TFL).

To calculate your entitlement for this we would look at the length of the full time course you would be coming back to do and we would add on an additional years funding to this then we would deduct the number of years of previous study you had.

I would be happy to give you more specific information on what you would be eligible to apply for if you can give me a bit more information.

You indicated you have would have three years previous study for your part time course and that you would be expecting to gain a foundation degree but can you confirm if it is a three year BSc that you are starting? When does your course start and what year of the course are you entering from?

Thanks

Laura
    Thank you for your response. I have been studying my FdSc part time as a distance course which is 3 years in length. I would like to study a full time BSc (3 years, not distance) starting 18/19 straight after my foundation, the university only seems to permit 1st year entry. This is where it all seems to get confusing as I was told funding for part time was completely separate? Further guidance and clarification would be great
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by dragonface)
    Thank you for your response. I have been studying my FdSc part time as a distance course which is 3 years in length. I would like to study a full time BSc (3 years, not distance) starting 18/19 straight after my foundation, the university only seems to permit 1st year entry. This is where it all seems to get confusing as I was told funding for part time was completely separate? Further guidance and clarification would be great
    Hi dragonface,

If you gain a qualification on your part time course then we will use this against your new full time course. This would mean there may be some years of your full time course this is not funded for Tuition Fees but Maintenance Loan only.

Thanks

Erin.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.