The Student Room Group

do i have a chance of getting into this uni?

I got CCC for AS but Im Predicted ABB with the A in computer science and the rest in physics and maths. Do I even stand a chance of getting an offer from Warwick who want AAA for computer science?

EDIT: Just got a offers from Birmigham and Exeter who wboth anted AAA by the way. Advice: Do not let anyone bring you down when it comes to uni applications/A Levels. Will be waiting for Warwick now.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Agent007
I got CCC for AS but Im Predicted ABB with the A in computer science and the rest in physics and maths. Do I even stand a chance of getting an offer from Warwick who want AAA for computer science?

simple answer: no.

warwick are known to be really harsh when it comes to grade requirements.

You should only look for BBB courses because it’s unlikely that you’ll go from C to A and unis could reject you because of this high jump you most likely won’t make
Reply 3
No you don't have a chance of getting an offer from Warwick.

No you don't have a chance of getting an offer from Durham (see other threads).

You may have a chance of an offer from Kings (see other threads).

Use your choices wisely and take into account what grades you think you will realistically get. If you really think you will get ABB then maybe go for an AAB, ABB x 2 and BBB x 2. But please stop asking the same question over and over again. You've got your answers, now think about the unis you should be applying to.
Reply 4
Original post by nutz99
No you don't have a chance of getting an offer from Warwick.

No you don't have a chance of getting an offer from Durham (see other threads).

You may have a chance of an offer from Kings (see other threads).

Use your choices wisely and take into account what grades you think you will realistically get. If you really think you will get ABB then maybe go for an AAB, ABB x 2 and BBB x 2. But please stop asking the same question over and over again. You've got your answers, now think about the unis you should be applying to.

my friend got an offer last year for warwick AND durham with ABB predictions despite requirements being AAA. SO I really think that you are wrong.
Original post by ZiggyStardust_
simple answer: no.

warwick are known to be really harsh when it comes to grade requirements.

sorry, what? Warwick aren't harsh at all lmao
Reply 6
my friend got an offer last year for warwick AND durham with ABB predictions despite requirements being AAA. SO I really think that you are wrong.
You sure he didn't get an offer above his predicted grades?

I know for a fact that the standard offer for Warwick for 2017 was AAA - there are several on here who got that offer as did my son! The minimum I have come across for Durham was AAA with some getting A*AA.

If you want to risk it then go for it but it is a big risk and may waste 2 choices.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending