Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Constantly feeling down. Could I be diagnosed with anxiety and depression Watch

I don’t want to post rubbish on here but I have no one to talk to. I have no friends since i finished year 11 because the 2 that I did have went to college and I stayed at sixth form. I miss them so much because even though they weren’t interested in me for the last few months of year 11, they helped me so much from year 7 because I’ve never been good in social positions. I love them and it’s so hard because they have forgotten me. I just can’t make new friends, yeah there’s a few people who I talk to if I’m sat next to them in class but I don’t bother with them out of lessons. It’s really getting to me now and I feel like I’m not going to get anywhere in life (job, friends etc) because I just can’t talk to anyone- as soon as someone talks to me I’m just so awkward. I can’t look at the teacher when they talk to me because I feel so awkward. Whenever I’m out whether it’s in the street or in the corridor I feel like I’m in a bubble and my heart beats faster. I always feel like I need to cry and I manage to hold it back most of the time but if I’m alone and I just want to let it out I can’t. I don’t really know what I’m trying to get out of this and I feel like such an idiot for posting this but I’ve just had enough.

Hello anon,

I've just started year 12 too. Please know you're not alone. I feel the same way even though my friends came with me to sixth form-- I've met no one new and have no real desire to talk to be whilst all of my original friends are excited about getting new ones. If you want to talk to me properly, I'll come iff anon.

I totally get where you're coming from as I deal with these feelings on the daily. Reaching out and getting counselling really benefitted me. weird and awkward at first I won't lie, but after I went I felt a huge weight off my shoulders. although one could say quite a hard step to take especially when dealing with anxiety but an important step to talk if you're wanting to get better. You may also find free useful online counselling, definitely worth a go.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.