Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am having second thoughts about the degree I have applied for on UCAS and I wanted to change to Mathematics. Do I ring up my choices when I have received offers and kindly ask to change it?

May seem stupid, but making a big decision at 17 is massive and it has to be the right one.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MajorFader)
    I am having second thoughts about the degree I have applied for on UCAS and I wanted to change to Mathematics. Do I ring up my choices when I have received offers and kindly ask to change it?

May seem stupid, but making a big decision at 17 is massive and it has to be the right one.
    If you applied within the last 14 days, you can change the choices on Track - this means the new unis get exactly the same application as the old choices. You could also cancel your application, get a refund, and send in a new UCAS application with new choices and a new personal statement (again, only if you applied within 14 days).

If you applied longer ago, you would need to contact the unis directly and ask them to change. You can do this at any point, but they don't have to agree to the change. You could do this now, or you could wait a while. However, since you have only applied recently it would be a good idea to wait a while to see if you change your mind again - you can't keep asking unis to consider you for a new subject, so if this turns out to just be a temporary blip you don't want to have unsuitable choices.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.