Child Nursing - How does the timetable look like Watch

GotASecret
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've heard that you don't get long holidays like everyone does. You don't get much days off. There's hardly any breaks in between. Is this true?
For example, City university of London.
mel_l218
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by That_Hijabi)
I've heard that you don't get long holidays like everyone does. You don't get much days off. There's hardly any breaks in between. Is this true?
For example, City university of London.
Hi, I am a first year student nurse. Nursing and midwifery courses do have longer term times, at my university we have 3 weeks off over Christmas/new year, 2 weeks over Easter and four weeks in summer. We have around 3 days a week at university at the moment but there is independent study on top of that.
Nursing is a full time course and not like other university degrees. Attending an open day at the university you mentioned or others you are interested in will help you find more out about studying there.
I hope this helps.
GotASecret
Rep:
?
(Original post by mel_l218)
Hi, I am a first year student nurse. Nursing and midwifery courses do have longer term times, at my university we have 3 weeks off over Christmas/new year, 2 weeks over Easter and four weeks in summer. We have around 3 days a week at university at the moment but there is independent study on top of that.
Nursing is a full time course and not like other university degrees. Attending an open day at the university you mentioned or others you are interested in will help you find more out about studying there.
I hope this helps.
Four weeks of summer? That's less than what primary school kids get and that's the most important holiday! Other uni students get 3 months!! Thanks though.
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Four weeks of summer? That's less than what primary school kids get and that's the most important holiday! Other uni students get 3 months!! Thanks though.
Welcome to adult life. Nursing is a professional course, preparing you to work as a registered nurse, there's a lot of content to get through and placement hours to accumulate. Once qualified you'll be lucky to be able to take a couple of weeks annual leave in the summer as it's an incredibly popular time of the year to take time off.
Ganjaweed Rebel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
All the best
GotASecret
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel)
All the best
All the best to you too
mel_l218
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes four weeks of summer. But as moonkatt said nursing is professional course & there is a lot to get through.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?