The Student Room Group

best cream for acne and redness on face?

i suffer with bad acne and a lot of spots on the side of my face which makes me conscious

i also have redness near my nose

what's a good high end product/cream which will help reduce it (I've used a lot of drug store ones and they don't work so i don't mind spending a lot on something that actually works)

also my GP is useless so don't wanna ask them

thanks
Reply 1
also i have very oily skin which i think might be causing it
Original post by Anonymous
i suffer with bad acne and a lot of spots on the side of my face which makes me conscious

i also have redness near my nose

what's a good high end product/cream which will help reduce it (I've used a lot of drug store ones and they don't work so i don't mind spending a lot on something that actually works)

also my GP is useless so don't wanna ask them

thanks

Have you tried benzoyl peroxide? I would suggest you read into it, it can be made accessible through Boots and Superdrug
Use a Rose Water toner, you can get them cheap on amazon and they work as well as any high end product. Witch hazel gel is great and I combine it with Tea Tree oil gel when my skin is really bad. I’d also recommend you start washing your face with Dudu Osun soap (black African soap) it works great on pimples but you have to use it with cold water or it dries out the rest of your skin. I don’t know what your current routine is but I hope any of these products help, good luck with everything
I have acne and eczema on my face. Acne = oily skin, eczema = dry skin hence I have to use two different creams. Do you know whether the redness is an area of oily or dry skin? If its dry skin make sure you don't use whatever you're using for your acne on it.

Quick Reply

Latest