The Student Room Group

CBD (cannabis) Oil

What are your thoughts on CBD oil? Have you ever tried or considered trying it?
For anybody who doesn't know, CBD oil is an oil that's derived from cannabis, but doesn't have the psychoactive affects of actual cannabis. It's also legal in the UK and can be purchased online or from places like Holland and Barrett. It's meant to be effective in treating/ managing conditions like chronic pain and epilepsy with minimal to no side effects. (you can google it for a better explanation)

The whole medical marijuana thing is getting a fair bit of attention in the US, but people may not realise we have a form of medicalised cannabis over here in the UK too. In fact at least one person has even received CBD oil by NHS prescription.

I've seen some testaments to how well it works online which all seem amazing. I've even seen somebody use it to treat shaking (possibly epilepsy) in their dog and it made a very noticeable difference.
I've been having a bit of a look into pain relief options for one of my conditions recently and am considering giving it a go myself.
If it really is as good as it seems it could be a great form of short term pain relief that avoids the need for medications with some questionable side effects.

What do you guys think about it and if any of you have tried it did you find it effective?

Some links for anybody interested:

Spoiler

I've tried some of the capsules and oil (stronger dose) from Endoca and they've done great things for my anxiety. I think they do creams as well.

https://www.endoca.com/en-gb
Original post by Kindred
What are your thoughts on CBD oil? Have you ever tried or considered trying it?
For anybody who doesn't know, CBD oil is an oil that's derived from cannabis, but doesn't have the psychoactive affects of actual cannabis. It's also legal in the UK and can be purchased online or from places like Holland and Barrett. It's meant to be effective in treating/ managing conditions like chronic pain and epilepsy with minimal to no side effects. (you can google it for a better explanation)

The whole medical marijuana thing is getting a fair bit of attention in the US, but people may not realise we have a form of medicalised cannabis over here in the UK too. In fact at least one person has even received CBD oil by NHS prescription.

I've seen some testaments to how well it works online which all seem amazing. I've even seen somebody use it to treat shaking (possibly epilepsy) in their dog and it made a very noticeable difference.
I've been having a bit of a look into pain relief options for one of my conditions recently and am considering giving it a go myself.
If it really is as good as it seems it could be a great form of short term pain relief that avoids the need for medications with some questionable side effects.

What do you guys think about it and if any of you have tried it did you find it effective?

Some links for anybody interested:

Spoiler

i have some and have tried it. not taken enough to help as of yet as A) i keep forgetting about it and B) the test is that vile it puts me off :laugh:
I didn’t have a very good experience with it, had hallucinations from it and thought I was dying, but I got told to take it before I went to sleep which I didn’t do which is why I was like that. It helped a lot with my asthma and I was able to breathe a lot better just wouldn’t take it again as from my experience it scared me you might be different though if you were to take it
Original post by Anonymous
I didn’t have a very good experience with it, had hallucinations from it and thought I was dying, but I got told to take it before I went to sleep which I didn’t do which is why I was like that. It helped a lot with my asthma and I was able to breathe a lot better just wouldn’t take it again as from my experience it scared me you might be different though if you were to take it

are you sure that was pure CBD oil? as CBD oil doesnt contain ainy psycoactive ingredients...
Reply 5
I know some guys use cnbs oil for vaping, but I prefer traditional aromatherapy, so that aroma lamp is my everything. I usually buy cannabis oil in Canada as it is legal there and that is a 100% guarantee of good quality and quick shipping. This oil is perfect for people who suffer fro insomnia, anxiety, stress, sleeping and eating disorders.
Reply 6
The only thing I think about CBD oil is that I am very grateful to it! It helped me cope with sleep problems half a year ago. Then on the site I saw CBD capsules UK and decided that it would be much more convenient for me to take them and decided to try ordering. I turned out to be right and now I constantly order only capsules.

Latest