The Student Room Group

Can I take my GCSEs six months early?

I’m in year 10 starting my GCSE’s and I was wondering f I could take some (maybe not all though) GCSEs around January 2019 as oppose to Summer 2019. I have seasonal affective disorder and it would make me feel better if I had the summer to enjoy and not be revising for summer exams in 2019. How would I go about doing this? I go to a free school.
I did my final Maths GCSE in March 2012 instead of June. Doing GCSE's early are only allowed by the school if they believe the student is ready for it. I still did the majority of my exams in the summer.
If you have seasonal affective disorder won't you be feeling like crap in January and not be able to perform to the best of your abilities?
So you'd want to take your exams when you're at a low point. That doesn't make sense.
Original post by CatiCollector
I’m in year 10 starting my GCSE’s and I was wondering f I could take some (maybe not all though) GCSEs around January 2019 as oppose to Summer 2019. I have seasonal affective disorder and it would make me feel better if I had the summer to enjoy and not be revising for summer exams in 2019. How would I go about doing this? I go to a free school.

No - exams are only timetabled for the summer.
No because I have the opposite affects, I feel that if I do my exams in the summer I will spend the summer stuck inside which isn’t what I want so i want to get it out of the way in winter. And also, I start to feel better around February as the nights draw out.
Original post by Trinculo
So you'd want to take your exams when you're at a low point. That doesn't make sense.

It is so that I can enjoy the summer without any stress or anxiety.
Original post by CatiCollector
It is so that I can enjoy the summer without any stress or anxiety.

Are you for real?
Watch till A-Levels loom round. GCSE's are meant to be for a period not extended. You will really just screw yourself up; and if you are worried now or even in the start of year 11 you have really screwed yourself up.

Quick Reply

Latest