Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I was wondering what is your haircare routine? Like washing your hair if I'm going to be specific.

I normally wash my hair with shampoo (Loreal extraordinary clay shampoo) and then I use coconut oil as a conditioner. I leave the coconut oil in depending on what I'm doing, for example shaving my legs/arms, or if I cba to do that then leave it in until I was my body. Then I pat dry my hair and comb through it whilst its damp and leave it to airdry,

My hair is pretty long (hip length) and I really don't like it tbh cause it gets dry pretty quickly. Others recommend using oil but i feel like it makes my hair look greasy.

What are your hair care routines? Also, any advice on how to make hair in general look better?

Btw I was my hair once a week because I'm hella lazy aha

ReputationRep:
    I used to wash my hair everyday, but now I do so every two days. Normally I just use shampoo. I used to have quite long hair, but I cut it just past the shoulders as it is more easier to maintain.

Getting a haircut, even if it is just a trim, every so often is quite good for the hair. If it is quite dry, you may want to switch to a different shampoo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    I used to wash my hair everyday, but now I do so every two days. Normally I just use shampoo. I used to have quite long hair, but I cut it just past the shoulders as it is more easier to maintain.

Getting a haircut, even if it is just a trim, every so often is quite good for the hair. If it is quite dry, you may want to switch to a different shampoo?
    I trim it every so often, but my trim I mean cut off the dead ends aha because my parents would kill me if I cut it any shorter.
    I've trialed and errored like so much but I dunno, its like all shampoo is just the same to me. I feel like it gives me the same results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalikuku)
    I trim it every so often, but my trim I mean cut off the dead ends aha because my parents would kill me if I cut it any shorter.
    I've trialed and errored like so much but I dunno, its like all shampoo is just the same to me. I feel like it gives me the same results.
    I feel like some shampoos are better than others. I also find if I use a shampoo for a long period of time, my hair stops being as nice, so I switch shampoos from time to time.

I've also heard of hair masks? You apply it to the hair and it gives it more moisture and nutrients, although I have never used it before.

ReputationRep:
    I use John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Visibly Deeper shampoo and then sometimes a Herbal Essences conditioner. I don't like using a lot of product on my hair as it's naturally quite oily. I then let it air dry or blow dry occasionally if I'm going out, I'm lucky that my hair looks good even when I don't do anything to it.

ReputationRep:
    I use Pantene smooth and sleek shampoo for frizzy hair and then i usually put in the conditioner and then ill put moose in it and put heat protectant in it if im blow-drying it sometimes i wont blow dry and instead I will plat every single bit in plats so the next morning it will be wavy and ill just put hairspray and mess it up a bit. If i blow dry, on the rare occasion ill straighten it after that but thats it. xx <3

ReputationRep:
    I just get it washed and blow dried once a week at the hairdressers. Have an olaplex treatment about every month.

ReputationRep:
    I wash with conditioner then wash with shampoo. I rinse with cold water and style with coconut oil. I let it air dry 😐.

ReputationRep:
    I shampoo my hair 3 times and condition my hair 4 times using the thick and full shampoo and conditoner. I use my fingers to untangle any knots and after I dry my hair then I use a curling oil to make my curls pop. If I don't want to use the curling oil, I use coconut water and this oil that makes her healthy and shiny.
    On some days, I use leave in conditioner and hair masks.

I like to use a wide tooth comb, not the soft hair girl ones 😂

ReputationRep:
    Literally just shampoo and conditioner every other day (I use Tesco's own or Tresemé if I'm feeling fancy) I never blow dry it, just let it air dry before I go to bed
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenmeelzx)
    I use Pantene smooth and sleek shampoo for frizzy hair and then i usually put in the conditioner and then ill put moose in it and put heat protectant in it if im blow-drying it sometimes i wont blow dry and instead I will plat every single bit in plats so the next morning it will be wavy and ill just put hairspray and mess it up a bit. If i blow dry, on the rare occasion ill straighten it after that but thats it. xx <3
    Aw ❤

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenmeelzx)
    I also but my hair into plaits aswell after i shower aha. Does moose really help or is it for styling purposes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bones-mccoy)
    I use John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Visibly Deeper shampoo and then sometimes a Herbal Essences conditioner. I don't like using a lot of product on my hair as it's naturally quite oily. I then let it air dry or blow dry occasionally if I'm going out, I'm lucky that my hair looks good even when I don't do anything to it.
    Aw you are really lucky to have a good hair day every day. Do you have thick or fine hair?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella-keturah)
    I just get it washed and blow dried once a week at the hairdressers. Have an olaplex treatment about every month.
    I wish I had the energy and time to do that every week

ReputationRep:
    shampoo once a week, short back & sides once a month from local barber, £3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt Queen)
    I wash with conditioner then wash with shampoo. I rinse with cold water and style with coconut oil. I let it air dry 😐.
    You style it with coconut oil? I use it as a conditioner although I don't know what the correct way is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald777O)
    I shampoo my hair 3 times and condition my hair 4 times using the thick and full shampoo and conditoner. I use my fingers to untangle any knots and after I dry my hair then I use a curling oil to make my curls pop. If I don't want to use the curling oil, I use coconut water and this oil that makes her healthy and shiny.
    On some days, I use leave in conditioner and hair masks.

I like to use a wide tooth comb, not the soft hair girl ones 😂
    Wow you really like to take care of your hair! And washing it three times in one sitting or a week?!?! You seem to know your hair very well to know what products it needs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LTiernan)
    Literally just shampoo and conditioner every other day (I use Tesco's own or Tresemé if I'm feeling fancy) I never blow dry it, just let it air dry before I go to bed
    How does your hair turn out after it has dried? Is it frizzy? Dry? Smooth? Silky?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ)
    shampoo once a week, short back & sides once a month from local barber, £3.
    No conditioner?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalikuku)
    You style it with coconut oil? I use it as a conditioner although I don't know what the correct way is
    No...I don't use coconut oil to style. I rarely use anything to style but sometimes I use Eco styling gel. I just use coconut oil to keep it moist and shiny and smelling good. I don't really need to use anything else tbh. Water and Jesus.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.