Turn on thread page Beta

Your haircare routine? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I was wondering what is your haircare routine? Like washing your hair if I'm going to be specific.

I normally wash my hair with shampoo (Loreal extraordinary clay shampoo) and then I use coconut oil as a conditioner. I leave the coconut oil in depending on what I'm doing, for example shaving my legs/arms, or if I cba to do that then leave it in until I was my body. Then I pat dry my hair and comb through it whilst its damp and leave it to airdry,

My hair is pretty long (hip length) and I really don't like it tbh cause it gets dry pretty quickly. Others recommend using oil but i feel like it makes my hair look greasy.

What are your hair care routines? Also, any advice on how to make hair in general look better?

Btw I was my hair once a week because I'm hella lazy aha

ReputationRep:
    I used to wash my hair everyday, but now I do so every two days. Normally I just use shampoo. I used to have quite long hair, but I cut it just past the shoulders as it is more easier to maintain.

Getting a haircut, even if it is just a trim, every so often is quite good for the hair. If it is quite dry, you may want to switch to a different shampoo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    I used to wash my hair everyday, but now I do so every two days. Normally I just use shampoo. I used to have quite long hair, but I cut it just past the shoulders as it is more easier to maintain.

Getting a haircut, even if it is just a trim, every so often is quite good for the hair. If it is quite dry, you may want to switch to a different shampoo?
    I trim it every so often, but my trim I mean cut off the dead ends aha because my parents would kill me if I cut it any shorter.
    I've trialed and errored like so much but I dunno, its like all shampoo is just the same to me. I feel like it gives me the same results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalikuku)
    I trim it every so often, but my trim I mean cut off the dead ends aha because my parents would kill me if I cut it any shorter.
    I've trialed and errored like so much but I dunno, its like all shampoo is just the same to me. I feel like it gives me the same results.
    I feel like some shampoos are better than others. I also find if I use a shampoo for a long period of time, my hair stops being as nice, so I switch shampoos from time to time.

I've also heard of hair masks? You apply it to the hair and it gives it more moisture and nutrients, although I have never used it before.

ReputationRep:
    I use John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Visibly Deeper shampoo and then sometimes a Herbal Essences conditioner. I don't like using a lot of product on my hair as it's naturally quite oily. I then let it air dry or blow dry occasionally if I'm going out, I'm lucky that my hair looks good even when I don't do anything to it.

ReputationRep:
    I use Pantene smooth and sleek shampoo for frizzy hair and then i usually put in the conditioner and then ill put moose in it and put heat protectant in it if im blow-drying it sometimes i wont blow dry and instead I will plat every single bit in plats so the next morning it will be wavy and ill just put hairspray and mess it up a bit. If i blow dry, on the rare occasion ill straighten it after that but thats it. xx <3

ReputationRep:
    I just get it washed and blow dried once a week at the hairdressers. Have an olaplex treatment about every month.

ReputationRep:
    I wash with conditioner then wash with shampoo. I rinse with cold water and style with coconut oil. I let it air dry 😐.

ReputationRep:
    I shampoo my hair 3 times and condition my hair 4 times using the thick and full shampoo and conditoner. I use my fingers to untangle any knots and after I dry my hair then I use a curling oil to make my curls pop. If I don't want to use the curling oil, I use coconut water and this oil that makes her healthy and shiny.
    On some days, I use leave in conditioner and hair masks.

I like to use a wide tooth comb, not the soft hair girl ones 😂

ReputationRep:
    Literally just shampoo and conditioner every other day (I use Tesco's own or Tresemé if I'm feeling fancy) I never blow dry it, just let it air dry before I go to bed
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenmeelzx)
    I use Pantene smooth and sleek shampoo for frizzy hair and then i usually put in the conditioner and then ill put moose in it and put heat protectant in it if im blow-drying it sometimes i wont blow dry and instead I will plat every single bit in plats so the next morning it will be wavy and ill just put hairspray and mess it up a bit. If i blow dry, on the rare occasion ill straighten it after that but thats it. xx <3
    Aw ❤

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenmeelzx)
    I also but my hair into plaits aswell after i shower aha. Does moose really help or is it for styling purposes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bones-mccoy)
    I use John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Visibly Deeper shampoo and then sometimes a Herbal Essences conditioner. I don't like using a lot of product on my hair as it's naturally quite oily. I then let it air dry or blow dry occasionally if I'm going out, I'm lucky that my hair looks good even when I don't do anything to it.
    Aw you are really lucky to have a good hair day every day. Do you have thick or fine hair?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella-keturah)
    I just get it washed and blow dried once a week at the hairdressers. Have an olaplex treatment about every month.
    I wish I had the energy and time to do that every week

ReputationRep:
    shampoo once a week, short back & sides once a month from local barber, £3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt Queen)
    I wash with conditioner then wash with shampoo. I rinse with cold water and style with coconut oil. I let it air dry 😐.
    You style it with coconut oil? I use it as a conditioner although I don't know what the correct way is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald777O)
    I shampoo my hair 3 times and condition my hair 4 times using the thick and full shampoo and conditoner. I use my fingers to untangle any knots and after I dry my hair then I use a curling oil to make my curls pop. If I don't want to use the curling oil, I use coconut water and this oil that makes her healthy and shiny.
    On some days, I use leave in conditioner and hair masks.

I like to use a wide tooth comb, not the soft hair girl ones 😂
    Wow you really like to take care of your hair! And washing it three times in one sitting or a week?!?! You seem to know your hair very well to know what products it needs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LTiernan)
    Literally just shampoo and conditioner every other day (I use Tesco's own or Tresemé if I'm feeling fancy) I never blow dry it, just let it air dry before I go to bed
    How does your hair turn out after it has dried? Is it frizzy? Dry? Smooth? Silky?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ)
    shampoo once a week, short back & sides once a month from local barber, £3.
    No conditioner?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalikuku)
    You style it with coconut oil? I use it as a conditioner although I don't know what the correct way is
    No...I don't use coconut oil to style. I rarely use anything to style but sometimes I use Eco styling gel. I just use coconut oil to keep it moist and shiny and smelling good. I don't really need to use anything else tbh. Water and Jesus.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2017
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.