The Student Room Group

change status

HI,
I´ve been awarded student finance based on my continued employment status as an EEA migrant worker. I´ve not been still paid my first installment ( maintenance load) of student finance, however, my University has already been paid its first installment. the question is:
Can I still change my status of "migrant worker" by the status of "UE student" as I am from EU and I am not going to be able to continue working full time and study full time at the same time ????? I want to find a part-time job but I do not know how long is going to take me to find another job that suits with my timetable from my University and I do not want my entitlement to be affected at a later date.
Please, can you advise me how can I sort it?
Regards
Hi mascarell,

If you no longer wish to apply as a Migrant Worker you can submit an application form as an EU student EU17N and send this in to us with your original EU ID evidence. This means that you would only get fees for the whole academic year of your course and you would no longer be able to get any Maintenance Loan (ML) funding.

You could still be eligible for funding as a Migrant Worker even if you are working part time as long as you are working enough hours where we would deem you are earning a sufficient amount to support yourself financially. If you voluntarily leave a full time job before getting a part time job you would automatically lose your status as a Migrant Worker meaning your maintenance funding may need to be prorated for the period in which you were eligible. You would however still get your fees paid and if you found a part-time job and sent us in the relevant evidence, if you were earning a sufficient amount to be eligible for Migrant Worker then you would get your maintenance awarded again.

If you leave full time employment we will require a copy of your P45 or a letter from your previous employer confirming the employment end date. Once you get a new part time job we would need a copy of your contract of employment and a letter from your employer confirming that the contract accurately represents the hours and terms on which you work. You would also need to send us any available payslips that you get from this new employment.

Currently the Migrant Worker team are taking 30 working days for processing evidence.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Laura :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
hi Laura,thank you so much for your help.then as I am determined to leave my full-time job without getting a part-time job yet, the first thing I need to do is sent to you the P45 of my current employer and for doing that you are saying that I am not going to lose fees for my whole academic year. is that right? Later, when I get a part-time job I have to send you again evidence of my employment and I will get my maintenance awarded again, is that right?sorry for asking you these questions again but I do not want to make any mistake at all.The last question, I have to send my P45 to you by post-office or can I do it in any different way in order to communicate it as quickly as possible as I have not been paid yet my first instalment ( Maintenance Loan). thank you so much,I really appreciate it Regards
Original post by mascarell
hi Laura,thank you so much for your help.then as I am determined to leave my full-time job without getting a part-time job yet, the first thing I need to do is sent to you the P45 of my current employer and for doing that you are saying that I am not going to lose fees for my whole academic year. is that right? Later, when I get a part-time job I have to send you again evidence of my employment and I will get my maintenance awarded again, is that right?sorry for asking you these questions again but I do not want to make any mistake at all.The last question, I have to send my P45 to you by post-office or can I do it in any different way in order to communicate it as quickly as possible as I have not been paid yet my first instalment ( Maintenance Loan). thank you so much,I really appreciate it Regards

Hi mascarell,

This is correct, we will need a p45 from your old employer along with a letter on headed paper confirming the date your employment ended with them, for you to get your Maintenance Loan we would need your new contract of employment and payslips.

Thanks

Katie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending