The Student Room Group

Independent student

Hi has anybody recently applied for independent status with supporting evidence? What was the outcome and how long does it take? They said 4 weeks exactly but wondered if anybody has had a decision earlier
Hi cdonley,

The Independent team are currently taking 17 working days to review evidence from the date of receipt.

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Laura S SFE
Hi cdonley,

The Independent team are currently taking 17 working days to review evidence from the date of receipt.

Thanks

Great thank you they received it on the 28th so that would be today or Monday I guess, how are we contacted regarding the decision?
Hi cdonley,

It we received it on 28 September it would be due to be processed on the Monday 23 October. If your evidence was accepted you would see the changes on your online account on the Tuesday as your application would be reassessed for the full means tested funding.

If for any reason we didn't accept your evidence we would usually write out to you to advise you of this but it can take seven to ten working days for you to receive any letters we send through the post. If the letter was a non-manual system letter you would get a copy of this on the letters and emails section of your online account the day after it is issued.

Thanks

Laura
Reply 4
Original post by Laura S SFE
Hi cdonley,

It we received it on 28 September it would be due to be processed on the Monday 23 October. If your evidence was accepted you would see the changes on your online account on the Tuesday as your application would be reassessed for the full means tested funding.

If for any reason we didn't accept your evidence we would usually write out to you to advise you of this but it can take seven to ten working days for you to receive any letters we send through the post. If the letter was a non-manual system letter you would get a copy of this on the letters and emails section of your online account the day after it is issued.

Thanks

Laura

Hi Laura nothing has changed on my account does this mean it’s likely to have been declined and I will be waiting a letter? There’s nothing in my letters online either
Original post by cdonley
Hi Laura nothing has changed on my account does this mean it’s likely to have been declined and I will be waiting a letter? There’s nothing in my letters online either

Hi cdonley,

If there has still been no update to your online application and estimated processing timescales have passed, then I suggest that you call us and we can advise if any additional evidence has been requested, the lines are quiet just now, call us on

Tel: 0300 100 0607

(Open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 8.00pm and between 9.00am and 4.00pm on Saturday and Sunday. Local call rates apply).

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply