Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I feel like i'm meant for something bigger in this world? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's a strange feeling, like a gut feeling, not what other people seem to have. I mean, is this just because the people i look up to are Connor Mcgregor and The Weeknd? Or am i just a dreamer like the rest of the world?

PS: I get this feeling everyday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryanthom100)
    It's a strange feeling, like a gut feeling, not what other people seem to have. I mean, is this just because the people i look up to are Connor Mcgregor and The Weeknd? Or am i just a dreamer like the rest of the world?

Most people feel that way, sorry :P
    Ah I'm kidding, you are special, now go, change the world, shoo. :/

ReputationRep:
    Your parents lied to you, you weren't and aren't special.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ)
    Your parents lied to you, you weren't and aren't special.
    How do you know OP is not special?

Ryanthom100 bro most people feel that way. But that doesn't mean you aren't special. What differentiates most people from the ones who are actually meant for something big, is creation. So work hard, spend your time wisely and I hope you achieve what you want in your life

ReputationRep:
    That's why your posting threads on tsr.
    Also about sleeping with 14 year old girls

REALLY Special
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jigsaws mum)

REALLY Special
    TSR is a student forum after all though. It shows Op is actually interested in his academics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)

Ryanthom100 bro most people feel that way. But that doesn't mean you aren't special. What differentiates most people from the ones who are actually meant for something big, is creation. So work hard, spend your time wisely and I hope you achieve what you want in your life
    Thanks for the kind response i really appreciate it, i just see these people living there dreams and i want that to be me. I want to be famous enough so people who treated me like **** know i'm a success. I just don't know how to get there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jigsaws mum)

REALLY Special
    Are you that sad you still talk about that?

ReputationRep:
    Because he made this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone thinks that,until they die and are forgotten for forever.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the kind response i really appreciate it, i just see these people living there dreams and i want that to be me. I want to be famous enough so people who treated me like **** know i'm a success. I just don't know how to get there
    Pursue something you're passionate about and work hard on that. And I mean work really hard. Be ready for many sleepless nights and failures. But in the end it will be worth it. Also, take every single helping hand you can get, apply for all related activities to your profession. Use people with more knowledge that yourself to your advantage. They can teach you so many things which will be useful to you. So basically to succeed you need to get really good at your profession and make good connections. Thus, interpersonal skills are also vital.

ReputationRep:
    Pursue something you're passionate about and work hard on that. And I mean work really hard. Be ready for many sleepless nights and failures. But in the end it will be worth it. Also, take every single helping hand you can get, apply for all related activities to your profession. Use people with more knowledge that yourself to your advantage. They can teach you so many things which will be useful to you. So basically to succeed you need to get really good at your profession and make good connections. Thus, interpersonal skills are also vital.
    But i'm not passionate about anything, i love the gym but thats about it. I do a programming course at college, but i want to be bigger then a software engineer. I want to have fans who call my name.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Because he made his thread.
    So what? The boy wants to change the world. That is admirable in my book. Not everyone is willing to be ambitious enough to try that. Some people don't even bother thinking about this. Where there's a will, there's a way. No need to underestimate OP's abilities.

ReputationRep:
    So what? The boy wants to change the world. That is admirable in my book. Not everyone is willing to be ambitious enough to try that. Some people don't even bother thinking about this. Where there's a will, there's a way. No need to underestimate OP's abilities.
    What does any of that have to do with my post?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    But i'm not passionate about anything, i love the gym but thats about it. I do a programming course at college, but i want to be bigger then a software engineer. I want to have fans who call my name.
    That is a bit of an unrealistic goal. Usually those people with fans calling their names are artists, like singers, etc. A software engineering degree opens many doors btw in terms of career prospects. In my opinion a good engineer with great interprenurial skills has the potetial to be bigger than the people with "fans calling their name", not only in terms of fame and salary, but also in terms of changing the world for the better.

ReputationRep:

Start a cult.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    What does any of that have to do with my post?
    Because OP feels he is meant for something bigger in this world. How was my previous post not relevant man?:laugh:

ReputationRep:
    That is a bit of an unrealistic goal. Usually those people with fans calling their names are artists, like singers, etc. A software engineering degree opens many doors btw in terms of career prospects. In my opinion a good engineer with great interprenurial skills has the potetial to be bigger than the people with "fans calling their name", not only in terms of fame and salary, but also in terms of changing the world for the better.
    Hmm yeah i mean it is a bit unrealistic, i'm just super ambitious tbh lol. I'm torn between going for a CS or software engineering degree. That's true i guess, i like instant reward but that seems impossible to come buy in this world.

ReputationRep:
    To even attain a level of localised success you pretty much have to be willing to sacrifice your entire youth and if you get high from petty distractions such as two people you've never met having a fight or a singer as trashy and generic as the weeknd, you just don't have the level of robotic pseudo-autism to give yourself to whatever it is you would use to attain that level of eminence.

ReputationRep:
    Because OP feels he is meant for something bigger in this world. How was my previous post not relevant man?:laugh:
    Literally everyone wants to do that when they're younger, eventually people realise not everyone was meant to stay in history books. If everyone is special then no one is special, that word wouldn't mean anything if so.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.