Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I feel like i'm meant for something bigger in this world? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arizonaidiot)
    Everyone thinks that,until they die and are forgotten for forever.
    Most people, even intelligent people are actually pretty much happy to live comfortable lives, watch a bit of TV, go on holiday a couple of times per year and get a nice wife.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel)
    To even attain a level of localised success you pretty much have to be willing to sacrifice your entire youth and if you get high from petty distractions such as two people you've never met having a fight or a singer as trashy and generic as the weeknd, you just don't have the level of robotic pseudo-autism to give yourself to whatever it is you would use to attain that level of eminence.
    I know your a troll cos you called the weeknd generic lmao.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ)
    Literally everyone wants to do that when they're younger, eventually people realise not everyone was meant to stay in history books. If everyone is special then no one is special, that word wouldn't mean anything if so.
    Yes, of course, I agree with that. But if OP is willing to put in the work and sacrifice his youth "fun" then who knows where that will take him, assuming he has the capacity and the spark as well.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    To even attain a level of localised success you pretty much have to be willing to sacrifice your entire youth and if you get high from petty distractions such as two people you've never met having a fight or a singer as trashy and generic as the weeknd, you just don't have the level of robotic pseudo-autism to give yourself to whatever it is you would use to attain that level of eminence.
    That's true, OP would need to change in order to achieve that success he is looking for. But if he can do that, and start studying and learning most of his time he might just cut it (assuming he has the natural ability to do it as well)

ReputationRep:
    Follow your instincts and thrive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryanthom100)
    I know your a troll cos you called the weeknd generic lmao.
    The Weeknd is like an internet meme or a mass produced wine, it's a cheap imitation of sultry jazz artists who play to smoke filled rooms who sacrifices originality for accessibility. You listen to him because he gives almost as good a feeling as infinitely better artists without requiring nearly the same level of discrimination of taste.

ReputationRep:
    Even after doing all that it's a complete game of chance. Look at Trump, he was obviously successful before but by becoming POTUS he has secured his name for eternity in history books. No amount of money will get you that.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Most people, even intelligent people are actually pretty much happy to live comfortable lives, watch a bit of TV, go on holiday a couple of times per year and get a nice wife.
    Most people, even intelligent people are not willing to change the world though. They live a selfish life. Personally I'd be happy to be even at least 40% of what someone like Elon Musk is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Yes, of course, I agree with that. But if OP is willing to put in the work and sacrifice his youth "fun" then who knows where that will take him, assuming he has the capacity and the spark as well.
    It depends on your level of success. You can study all the time, become a doctor or investment banker. That's relatively successful, but it won't get you remembered. Being remembered after your death is not something you can just study for in most cases, you need to be born special.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Even after doing all that it's a complete game of chance. Look at Trump, he was obviously successful before but by becoming POTUS he has secured his name for eternity in history books. No amount of money will get you that.
    Not a complete game but a high percentage of it depends on luck I guess. Just being at the right place at the right time. But you can still make your own luck. It's just that some people can be...really unlucky

ReputationRep:
    I meant if you're reasonably intelligent and willing to sacrifice yourself, you could achieve the level of success as an investment banker who went to a top university or a mid level fund manager. You would need to be inhumanly obsessed, to the point of autism. This is why I said localised success, you will be respected within your field or within your town.

To actually go down in history is far more a game of chance definitely.

ReputationRep:
    Most people, even intelligent people are not willing to change the world though. They live a selfish life. Personally I'd be happy to be even at least 40% of what someone like Elon Musk is.
    Lol, if you think you can just make a company worth 40% of Tesla then I'd say all the best to you.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It depends on your level of success. You can study all the time, become a doctor or investment banker. That's relatively successful, but it won't get you remembered. Being remembered after your death is not something you can just study for in most cases, you need to be born special.
    This I completely agree with.

ReputationRep:
    It's a strange feeling, like a gut feeling, not what other people seem to have. I mean, is this just because the people i look up to are Connor Mcgregor and The Weeknd? Or am i just a dreamer like the rest of the world?

PS: I get this feeling everyday.
    Consider your self Blessed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joyoustele)
    Consider your self Blessed.
    why?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Lol, if you think you can just make a company worth 40% of Tesla then I'd say all the best to you.
    Thank you Working towards it each day and night. I sleep for 3 hours as I spend a lot of time learning. I already am a co-owner of an oil company at 18 years old. Starting small compared to the end goal, but slowly building up towards it. Currently studying Mechanical Engineering also.

ReputationRep:
    To actually go down in history is far more a game of chance definitely.
    Look at this list of 20 most famous people in history. How many do you think studied and got here?

1 Jesus
    2 Muhammad
    3 Napoleon
    4 William Shakespeare
    5 Abraham Lincoln
    6 George Washington
    7 Adolf Hitler
    8 Aristotle
    9 Alexander the Great
    10 Thomas Jefferson
    11 Henry VIII of England
    12 Charles Darwin
    13 Elizabeth I of England
    14 Karl Marx
    15 Julius Caesar
    16 Queen Victoria
    17 Martin Luther
    18 Joseph Stalin
    19 Albert Einstein
    20 Christopher Columbus

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Working towards it each day and night. I sleep for 3 hours as I spend a lot of time learning. I already am a co-owner of an oil company at 18 years old. Starting small compared to the end goal, but slowly building up towards it. Currently studying Mechanical Engineer also.
    Jesus, u make me feel worthless when u say that haha.

ReputationRep:
    Musk is an extreme case in that his success is a mix of business acumen and original thinking. Even most top business people are not original thinkers but rather people who are extremely good at applying what has already been developed in a new way or running a company a bit better than their competitors without having developed something new.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm yeah i mean it is a bit unrealistic, i'm just super ambitious
    You're not really. You're more greedy than anything else.

It's not ambitious to just want to be famous. That's what 7 yr old girls who follow the Kardashians want.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.