Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I feel like i'm meant for something bigger in this world? Watch

ReputationRep:
    sometimes it baffles me that for billions of years I didnt exist as in my consciousness was nothing but then 18 years ago I just came into existence and idk if thats a miracle because how can I just not be and then just be, or it should scare me because when I die it will be back to oblivion and nothingness or is there something to look forward to
    whats the point amarite
    ive been questioning the existence of everything for about 2 weeks solid and it keeps me up at night because im literally so insignificant in the grand scheme of things, people die everyday and nobody cares, so what makes me special?

nothing at all and thats a tough pill to swallow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    :rofl: MAYYYNE.... he wants something.. REEEALLL BIGGGGG.....
    He wants some BBC action 😂😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    He wants some BBC action 😂😂
    AWWWL KIIIINDS :rofl:

Spoiler:
    Show

we're talking about the British Broadcasting Corporation obviously.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuba123)
    sometimes it baffles me that for billions of years I didnt exist as in my consciousness was nothing but then 18 years ago I just came into existence and idk if thats a miracle because how can I just not be and then just be, or it should scare me because when I die it will be back to oblivion and nothingness or is there something to look forward to
    whats the point amarite
    ive been questioning the existence of everything for about 2 weeks solid and it keeps me up at night because im literally so insignificant in the grand scheme of things, people die everyday and nobody cares, so what makes me special?

That's why many people would like to make it into the history books. So they are not forever forgotten.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    That's why many people would like to make it into the history books. So they are not forever forgotten.
    but really they are forgotten, only a small fragment of their lives remain immortal - their work, ideas, accomplishments, etc. but their presence, consciousness, things compose the very foundation of who they are, are gone. They are not significant in any way, just what they did - we dont really care about them tho
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    we dont really care about them tho
    Speak for yourself! Ralph Lifshitz was my idol

Spoiler:
    Show

I get your point though, but going down in history is better than nothing...even though you wouldn't be aware of it lol

ReputationRep:
    whats the point amarite

I wish that kept me at night instead of what keeps me up at night now.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arizonaidiot)
    Everyone thinks that,until they die and are forgotten for forever.
    maybe thats how you think, atleast the op has dreams

(Original post by Ryanthom100)
    Thanks for the kind response i really appreciate it, i just see these people living there dreams and i want that to be me. I want to be famous enough so people who treated me like **** know i'm a success. I just don't know how to get there
    i am exactly like you

ReputationRep:
    be the change you want to see

ReputationRep:
    look OP....

i have a desire to change the world too and sometimes wish to see my face on TV...although this can or cannot happen, its having the dream that matters.

many people who commented on this thread seem really negative saying stuff like "oh everyone feels like they were meant for something bigger in this world" or "your gonna die anyway"...

the truth is many people dont think like this, trust me i have seen a lot of people who are content with the way they live their normal life and are very selfish in the fact that they dont care about the world.

the most important thing is you follow your passion strive to live a life where you are happy.....

you dont need to be super successful to rub it in everyones faces who knew you that you made it this far, thats not what matters.....

every human can be destined for greatness, but what truly makes you already great everyday is doing the little things that make this world a better place and you dont need money and fame for that....
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by study beats)
    look OP....

i have a desire to change the world too and sometimes wish to see my face on TV...although this can or cannot happen, its having the dream that matters.

many people who commented on this thread seem really negative saying stuff like "oh everyone feels like they were meant for something bigger in this world" or "your gonna die anyway"...

the truth is many people dont think like this, trust me i have seen a lot of people who are content with the way they live their normal life and are very selfish in the fact that they dont care about the world.

the most important thing is you follow your passion strive to live a life where you are happy.....

you dont need to be super successful to rub it in everyones faces who knew you that you made it this far, thats not what matters.....

every human can be destined for greatness, but what truly makes you already great everyday is doing the little things that make this world a better place and you dont need money and fame for that....
    PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    If you was that special you'd look up to people more prodigious than bland celebrities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joyoustele)
    The very first scientists were actually muslim just to inform you.
    That's not true at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    PRSOM
    i had to look up what that meant lol

thanks, but the comments on this thread did make me a little depressed

ReputationRep:
    maybe thats how you think, atleast the op has dreams

i am exactly like you
    That's a fact mate.Everyone has dreams but death is certain.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    i had to look up what that meant lol

thanks, but the comments on this thread did make me a little depressed
    Don't listen to the people who were negative about it. They gave up on their dreams a long time ago, so they want you to do the same.

ReputationRep:
    im glad you feel this way!
    your acc very lucky!
    most ppl dont even have this feeling, most ppl dont realise, but when they do its too late!
    the fact that u have realised that you are so much more in this world makes me believe that you probs are.
    now quit fooling around, and especially dont waste time over idiots and go make yourself or ur parents proud
    your worth it!
    and when you out there, best not forget me! or mums life i will kill you!
    dont forget i know MMA!

ps they are my idols too

(Original post by Ryanthom100)
    It's a strange feeling, like a gut feeling, not what other people seem to have. I mean, is this just because the people i look up to are Connor Mcgregor and The Weeknd? Or am i just a dreamer like the rest of the world?

PS: I get this feeling everyday.

ReputationRep:
    well surely it depends on what he wants to do as a profession, i wonder who u look up to and what ur ambitious about!

(Original post by Hirsty97)
    If you was that special you'd look up to people more prodigious than bland celebrities.

ReputationRep:
    I thought everybody felt this way deep down, but everybody around me seems content to live a boring life which I can never settle for; I can only dream. I don't know whether that makes me arrogant or if it's how everybody feels. I'd be naive to wish for more but I hope one day I am known and respected at least on a local basis as that's more realistic an ambition. I don't care about being remembered when I'm dead because I'll be dead, but I do care about feeling important and recognised while I'm alive.

I'm a very creative person and I think the arts are more celebrated than sciences. In terms of career you'll definitely have a better salary if you do science, but with the arts you have more of a chance of being exceptional if that's what you are. For the person who said you must sacrifice your youth to achieve excellence, I think that's so true. I seem to be advanced in writing ability compared to my peers, but that's because I've practised it for years of my teenagehood. I'm also into graphic design and photography, and want to learn an instrument to accompany my singing and songwriting. Hopefully if I work hard one of these will get me somewhere. I also have ideas for short films, but sadly no way of making them a reality, unless I meet others who share my passion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unillama)
    im glad you feel this way!
    your acc very lucky!
    most ppl dont even have this feeling, most ppl dont realise, but when they do its too late!
    the fact that u have realised that you are so much more in this world makes me believe that you probs are.
    now quit fooling around, and especially dont waste time over idiots and go make yourself or ur parents proud
    your worth it!
    and when you out there, best not forget me! or mums life i will kill you!
    dont forget i know MMA!

ps they are my idols too
    Connor McGregor and the weeknd our ur idols? 😮 ngl it's pretty cool u know MMA lol
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.