Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tian1Sky)
    That's not true at all.
    I think you perceived it as the very first person. I dont mean the very first person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joyoustele)
    I think you perceived it as the very first person. I dont mean the very first person.
    I didn't perceive it as you saying the very first person. You said the very first scientists were muslims, and that's not true.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like someone got told they could be the next PM and that they were special every day of their childhood, grow up and embrace your averageness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryanthom100)
    It's a strange feeling, like a gut feeling, not what other people seem to have. I mean, is this just because the people i look up to are Connor Mcgregor and The Weeknd? Or am i just a dreamer like the rest of the world?

PS: I get this feeling everyday.
    Special is as special does. Now is the time to prove to yourself and the world that your hunch about yourself is correct. TBH, it's something people tend to keep to themselves to avoid being accused of being conceited. Still, good luck in your voyage to greatness!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by binkyboobosh)
    Special is as special does. Now is the time to prove to yourself and the world that your hunch about yourself is correct. TBH, it's something people tend to keep to themselves to avoid being accused of being conceited. Still, good luck in your voyage to greatness!
    Thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I will check it out
    It totally changed my life when I totally lost my sense of purpose on this earth.

I was ready to call it a day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruli)
    It totally changed my life when I totally lost my sense of purpose on this earth.

I was ready to call it a day.
    the book is related to Christianity isn't it? cos if it is, I aint really a Christian lol.

ReputationRep:
    This might all be very innocuous, but also worth bearing in mind that there are personality disorders - which often arise in early adulthood/adolescence - that can lead to similar feelings. There are therapy options available which would allow you to talk this out. Personality disorders can be really difficult to deal with, especially when people don't understand what's going on, and lead to a lot of mental health complications.

ReputationRep:
    the book is related to Christianity isn't it? cos if it is, I aint really a Christian lol.
    lol yes it was written by a Christian . But it's also a very good read for non Christians. It's just a perspective on life. It totally changed my outlook on life when I had lost my sense of purpose and was ready to throw the towel in. I used to be self absorbed, but changing my perspective changed so much in my life. In the way I manage my work, the way I relate to others, the things I value. It's led me towards living a fulfilling life. Also gave me my business idea.

If you are reluctant to read the book, then you could check out the author's Ted talk:

https://ted.com/talks/rick_warren_on...n=tedspread--b

ReputationRep:
    I want to have fans who call my name.
    That's sounding rather narcissistic.

ReputationRep:
    conor mcgregor is amazing!!! ffs i cant express how much love him!
    and the weeknd has always been my favourite honestly

yeh i started MMA when i was 6 and finished this summer
    and my coach also retired so that was cool i mean he was getting really old innit so yeh
    but no worries

Connor McGregor and the weeknd our ur idols? 😮 ngl it's pretty cool u know MMA lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unillama)
    conor mcgregor is amazing!!! ffs i cant express how much love him!
    and the weeknd has always been my favourite honestly

yeh i started MMA when i was 6 and finished this summer
    and my coach also retired so that was cool i mean he was getting really old innit so yeh
    but no worries
    yeah he's honestly amazing, he's such an inspirational person, people think he's a cocky arrogant mess but he isn't, his mindset and the way he thinks is what got him there. ngl I never knew u were a fan of the weeknd 😅. aww that sucks, u should look to do it at another place instead.

ReputationRep:
    nono i have finished my course in MMA
    my last match was in summer and i went through the competition and **** and i came joint first and the prize was to go Australia and pursue is as a heavy weight
    but i had other plans so i had to give it away to him so yeh
    oh and im MMA you gotta fight with ppl that are same gender, weight maybe reach right? but like cause it was the last one coach was like just go in competition with these boys and so did, the guy that came second was the best competition buut he injured himself cause of this guy and the guy that injured him got disqualified.
    but yeh thats was my last match!!
    yeah he's honestly amazing, he's such an inspirational person, people think he's a cocky arrogant mess but he isn't, his mindset and the way he thinks is what got him there. ngl I never knew u were a fan of the weeknd 😅. aww that sucks, u should look to do it at another place instead.

ReputationRep:
    nono i have finished my course in MMA
    my last match was in summer and i went through the competition and **** and i came joint first and the prize was to go Australia and pursue is as a heavy weight
    but i had other plans so i had to give it away to him so yeh
    oh and im MMA you gotta fight with ppl that are same gender, weight maybe reach right? but like cause it was the last one coach was like just go in competition with these boys and so did, the guy that came second was the best competition buut he injured himself cause of this guy and the guy that injured him got disqualified.
    but yeh thats was my last match!!
    wow u did amazing?! Looks like all that training from the age of 6 paid off. Ngl my reach is the only thing I would win in when it comes an MMA fight lol. Wow that seemed like an amazing prize, just think u could of made it into the UFC :0

ReputationRep:
    im not too sure about UFC...plus girls fights arent as valued as guys so thats why i just left it! if ygm

wow u did amazing?! Looks like all that training from the age of 6 paid off. Ngl my reach is the only thing I would win in when it comes an MMA fight lol. Wow that seemed like an amazing prize, just think u could of made it into the UFC :0

ReputationRep:
    im not too sure about UFC...plus girls fights arent as valued as guys so thats why i just left it! if ygm
    Yeah I guess so, u still could of made it big tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Why are you underestimating OP though? Do you know him personally to say he is not capable of doing something impressive?
    We all feel we are special because we see the world from our own perspective. We all feel like we werent meant for something bigger than we really are. Cant wait for him to serve me at McDees

ReputationRep:
    but how can I know what I truly want to work to be?
    It's a bit hard for me to answer this.
    Take some time to yourself and think about what you like and dislike to begin with. Unless you're borne out of hatred/love or ultimate passion for a specific thing, it may be hard to know what you want to become. Think about some things you're good at, and think if you want to advance with it. For example, say you're a great speaker: maybe you could get into politics and influence people. Maybe you're a great writer, you'd want to write a book, and attempt to get your name known. Also, think about the things you're not good at. Try to get better at them. The better you get at the things you're bad at, the better you will feel about yourself and your confidence will rise. Try a wide variety of different things and choose the thing that you enjoy and benefits you. Honestly it's harder to know what you want to be than to be what you want to be. Once you know, you're almost set. It's great to have a big ego as well, but you also need to know when to contain it. It'd be much easier for me to explain what you could do if you want to be, for example, a president or prime minister. Paint an image in people's heads, and say it constantly: make them BELIEVE that you are that person. Tell great lies, and tell them frequently: people will start to believe them. Make yourself seem like a chosen prophet, even if you may not be. Whenever you want to do something that you may not want to or may regret, (e.g. asking a girl out, getting out of bed, etc) give yourself three seconds and force yourself. In the morning for energy, do about 10 push ups. Listen to inspirational music and people, and always say to yourself that you're the best. I may have gone a bit off topic, just giving you some tips. Just make sure that you always believe in yourself; it really REALLY doesn't matter what others say about you. All that matters is you. The world is yours, you just don't realise it. Most importantly: do it. Do it. Do it. If you have any other questions, I am more than happy to respond!

ReputationRep:
    MEH maybe in the future, we'll see
    Yeah I guess so, u still could of made it big tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Germanyisthebest)
    It's a bit hard for me to answer this.
    Take some time to yourself and think about what you like and dislike to begin with. Unless you're borne out of hatred/love or ultimate passion for a specific thing, it may be hard to know what you want to become. Think about some things you're good at, and think if you want to advance with it. For example, say you're a great speaker: maybe you could get into politics and influence people. Maybe you're a great writer, you'd want to write a book, and attempt to get your name known. Also, think about the things you're not good at. Try to get better at them. The better you get at the things you're bad at, the better you will feel about yourself and your confidence will rise. Try a wide variety of different things and choose the thing that you enjoy and benefits you. Honestly it's harder to know what you want to be than to be what you want to be. Once you know, you're almost set. It's great to have a big ego as well, but you also need to know when to contain it. It'd be much easier for me to explain what you could do if you want to be, for example, a president or prime minister. Paint an image in people's heads, and say it constantly: make them BELIEVE that you are that person. Tell great lies, and tell them frequently: people will start to believe them. Make yourself seem like a chosen prophet, even if you may not be. Whenever you want to do something that you may not want to or may regret, (e.g. asking a girl out, getting out of bed, etc) give yourself three seconds and force yourself. In the morning for energy, do about 10 push ups. Listen to inspirational music and people, and always say to yourself that you're the best. I may have gone a bit off topic, just giving you some tips. Just make sure that you always believe in yourself; it really REALLY doesn't matter what others say about you. All that matters is you. The world is yours, you just don't realise it. Most importantly: do it. Do it. Do it. If you have any other questions, I am more than happy to respond!
    wow thanks for the detailed answer, I will keep this in mind and start to follow this. I guess the first obstacle is to know what u want to excel at

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.