Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

Im thinking about applying for medicine in Europe. I have come across agencies that seem to promise a lot in terms of getting you in, however my qualification are pretty poor .

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience of this and could give their opinion.

GCSE Maths D
    GCSE English A
    GCSE Double Science D

Access to HE Diploma 60 credits (57 distinction) covered psychology, sociology & biology

BSc(Hons) Adult Nursing 1st Class

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I know a friend from my school that is studying medicine in lithuania because she didn't have the grades but even though, she is soooo happy there and loves the course, so don't think that just cos its in a less developed country its bad.

Good luck!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I don't know anyone personally.. but yes, you can get in there. Just find a good company.
    Maybe you could try graduate entry in this country..? Because you would be living and studying in another country for at least 5 years, not to mention the fact that once you come back here they may expect more training and testing in this country before you can practise here.
    I am not sure if your nursing would work for it, but a 1st in Biomedical sciences is good as well as Pharmacy.

Also depending on your age, you can apply as a mature student ( over the age of 35 I'm guessing but you have to check ), and then they may not consider past grades much.

Hope I helped a little.
    All the best

ReputationRep:
    People on here don't know what they're talking about. Why are you posting about European graduates if you don't know any and haven't done it?
    I'll clarify. Studying in Europe is exactly like studying in the UK, according to the GMC there's no difference between UK and Europe, as long as the uni is in the EU. I study in Bulgaria and I love it. I've used an agency and they got me in, as far as I know they were the cheapest agency out there considering all the services that they offered. Just make sure to research agencies well and check their fees. I've heard from my friends who went through other agencies that some agencies they signed up with had hidden fees be careful! I was lucky I had a very smooth experience with my agency. Congrats on your nursing degree, I think it'll help you get graduate entry!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.