Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am doing Computer Science at Hull University. I am in my second year and I failed 2 modules in my first year worth 40 credits that were core modules even at resit level. I have been transferred onto an ordinary degree for the rest of my degree.

I dont really see any point in carrying on and paying for failure if I cannot even be sure if I will get back onto Honors? I have spoken to my lecturers and form tutors, and its just unsure responses I am getting or the say that I have to do the other 2 modules again at some point, which I am waiting to hear back from.

I am just thinking is there actually any point in getting an ordinary or should I just drop out? Worst part about all of this is that I dont know how to tell this to my parents.

All Replies Appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, honestly I think it depends on what your tutors say to you. I would wait for them to get back to you about the issue, keep on at them and try to get an actual answer from them. Maybe speak to the head of department or somebody who may be a bit more knowledgeable in the overall area of the degree?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.