what are general things that make people attracted to each other ?

Watch
username3239272
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have to write a dissertation style essay about attraction, even tho it's irrelevant to my subjects
I'm allowed to interpret attraction however I want, but I guess the easier option would be attraction between people
so what makes u attracted to other people (doesn't have to be romantically)

edit: can u state ur gender too and which gender ur attracted to
Jigsaws mum
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A nice fat wallet
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Having similar viewpoints and interests as me
Avaia
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hmmm, well, if it is your own interpretation then what do you THINK makes people attracted to each other? You could come at it from different angles, you could go primal (so smell, big hips, breast size), or you could go more modern family (money maker, secure job, motherly features), or you could go modern day (basically just superficial looks xD).

I am attracted to personalities more so looks, I am lucky as my partner is super hot too, but it is their personality that really makes me fall in love. Things like being funny, caring and kind, helpful and compassionate. Again these can be linked into base attraction though, so a person who is caring and helpful shows that they would be a desirable person to have a family with etc
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Number of TSR gems.
laitankoko
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Charisma! That **** is hot..
username3154862
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A THICCCCCCCC wallet, curvy-ness, horrible personality and money.

edit: forgot to add a lot of money and a thiccc wallet.
username3239272
Rep:
?
if any one can share some psychology approaches to attraction n case studies that would be grand
Yaboi
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Money, power (in a social sense) and obviously looks
GotASecret
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by chanel_666)
if any one can share some psychology approaches to attraction n case studies that would be grand
Just put A level psychology on the title
username3239272
Rep:
?
(Original post by That_Hijabi)
Just put A level psychology on the title
u can't edit titles
faloodeh
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
nice smell orderofthelotus
ChickenMadness
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
when she dresses like a sloot
GotASecret
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by chanel_666)
u can't edit titles
You can if you go on preview post
_princessxox
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
psychology viewpoints vary but some common factors affecting attraction:

Buss (1989) suggested that men place great importance on the physical appearance of a partner
This physical attraction acts as a cue to a women's health and the fertility and reproductive value of the woman
men are said to prefer neoteny (big eyes, small nose etc.), small waist to hip ratio and symmetrical faces in female partners

Women place the same importance on physical attractiveness for short term relationships, they prefer tall, strong men who have good facial symmetry, they also prefer older men.
When it comes to long term relationships it's suggested that women place a higher importance on other factors such as financial status however, it's still important that their partner is physically attractive as it means their children are likely to inherit these genes, making them more likely to reproduce and pass on the same genes. (I can't think of any studies for this rn)

You should research the matching hypothesis, it basically explains how an individual is more likely to form successful relationships with someone who is roughly the same in terms of physical attractiveness

If you need anymore help just message me obviously
username2975726
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by _princessxox)
, they prefer tall, strong men
f*ck
Truflais
Report 3 years ago
Bearded
Intelligent
Good sense of humour

Creative
Outgoing
Confident
Kind
username3239272
Rep:
?
(Original post by _princessxox)
psychology viewpoints vary but some common factors affecting attraction:

Buss (1989) suggested that men place great importance on the physical appearance of a partner
This physical attraction acts as a cue to a women's health and the fertility and reproductive value of the woman
men are said to prefer neoteny (big eyes, small nose etc.), small waist to hip ratio and symmetrical faces in female partners

Women place the same importance on physical attractiveness for short term relationships, they prefer tall, strong men who have good facial symmetry, they also prefer older men.
When it comes to long term relationships it's suggested that women place a higher importance on other factors such as financial status however, it's still important that their partner is physically attractive as it means their children are likely to inherit these genes, making them more likely to reproduce and pass on the same genes. (I can't think of any studies for this rn)

You should research the matching hypothesis, it basically explains how an individual is more likely to form successful relationships with someone who is roughly the same in terms of physical attractiveness

If you need anymore help just message me obviously
ily man
Goaded
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The first two physical things I always notice are teeth and hands,lol

Non physical would be tone of voice and general speech, how they treat others etc
Kaiylar
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A strong like electrostatic charge does the job.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (87)
13.92%
I'm not sure (30)
4.8%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (198)
31.68%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.08%
I'm not a current university student (297)
47.52%

Watched Threads