Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Koeman to be sacked soon? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So with Everton pretty much losing to Lyon tonight after having spent so much money on pretty decent players it looks like Koeman is running out of time hella quick.

Personally I expected Everton to be up there around 6th position they are a decent team (on paper) although their struggling to score goals having lost Lukaku.

If they lose against Arsenal in the PL do you think Koeman will be sacked? Who would they get as a replacement. Discuss.

ReputationRep:
    Ancelloti

On a more serious note I don't think he'll be sacked that quickly - perhaps in late November if these results continue. There's loads of new players and they probably need time to gel and they've obviously lost an important player in Lukaku. Koeman should be able to turn it around but they need a decent striker. Sandro Ramirez looks like he's worth £5 million

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    Ancelloti
    sacarsm? i cannot see Ancelloti going there tbh..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    sacarsm? i cannot see Ancelloti going there tbh..
    Yeah I edited my post
    • Very Important Poster

Kenyon and the new owner I think might let him go a bit longer.
    Steve Walsh has also failed.

Ancelotti will want Arsenal.imo.
    Not sure who Everton could attract?

ReputationRep:

On a more serious note I don't think he'll be sacked that quickly - perhaps in late November if these results continue. There's loads of new players and they probably need time to gel and they've obviously lost an important player in Lukaku. Koeman should be able to turn it around but they need a decent striker. Sandro Ramirez looks like he's worth £5 million
    Sandro has potential but in this Everton side he seems to play outside the box a lot rather than being in the box as a poacher

ReputationRep:
    Sandro has potential but in this Everton side he seems to play outside the box a lot rather than being in the box as a poacher
    Yeah he's still only 22 but I don't think he's cut out for the Premier League. According to WhoScored, he's got the worst rating in the league for players to have made more than 1 start.

As for replacements I don't think there's anyone else who stands out. Sky Bet have Ancelloti as the favourite at 4/1, but it seems unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Kenyon and the new owner I think might let him go a bit longer.
    Steve Walsh has also failed.

Ancelotti will want Arsenal.imo.
    Not sure who Everton could attract?
    Tuchel?

Interesting to see what happens with Arsenal too if they lose a couple more games don't think Wenger will last :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he's still only 22 but I don't think he's cut out for the Premier League. According to WhoScored, he's got the worst rating in the league for players to have made more than 1 start.

As for replacements I don't think there's anyone else who stands out. Sky Bet have Ancelloti as the favourite at 4/1, but it seems unlikely.
    If they keep Koeman what strikers can they realistically get in January tho...

Can't think of many decent ones who would be available. Giroud nearly joined them on deadline day.

ReputationRep:
    If they keep Koeman what strikers can they realistically get in January tho...

Can't think of many decent ones who would be available. Giroud nearly joined them on deadline day.
    They put in a £65 million bid for Diego Costa as well so they've got money.

Giroud don't think will change much. Is Oumar Niasse injured or does Koeman not like him?

ReputationRep:
    Alan Pardew and Big Sam are available. Alternatively, they could go back to Moyesy.
    • Very Important Poster

Tuchel?

Interesting to see what happens with Arsenal too if they lose a couple more games don't think Wenger will last :lol:
    Wenger will go when he wants. I think a lot are waiting of that to become available. London club have a lot of prestige. They could win the Europa cup.

Tuchel would be interesting. No idea though, but looks like a lo of the £100m was money poorly spent. I thought Koeman was a good manager , so surprised hes not turned it round. Bored of listening to moaning Everton fans though.

Koeman was headhunted by the new owner so I expect he has 3 games at least to o.

ReputationRep:
    I think the decent season he had last year, losing Lukaku and spending as much money as he did will give buy him a little more time yet.

Everton don't need to panic either. They aren't gonna get relegated or finish in the top 4 so they may as well give him the rest of the season and reassess then.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah tbh people dont realise how much losing a guy like lukaku will do to a team like everton. Add to that barkley being injured and you have an Everton team in the same situation as spurs were back in 2013.

I think if you replace a quality player who your style relies on you get someone similar.

I dont understand why you get sigurdson personally and mou did great in offloading rooney to them

ReputationRep:
    I could see him being sacked by the next international break tbh. It's going terribly despite having spent a lot of money.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    So with Everton pretty much losing to Lyon tonight after having spent so much money on pretty decent players it looks like Koeman is running out of time hella quick.

Personally I expected Everton to be up there around 6th position they are a decent team (on paper) although their struggling to score goals having lost Lukaku.

If they lose against Arsenal in the PL do you think Koeman will be sacked? Who would they get as a replacement. Discuss.
    :cry:

ReputationRep:
    They put in a £65 million bid for Diego Costa as well so they've got money.

Giroud don't think will change much. Is Oumar Niasse injured or does Koeman not like him?
    Forgot he even played for Everton. Koeman doesn't like him but I actually think he's a player who can make an impact... He has an instinct for goal although sometimes in the final third he makes poor decisions. He reminds me of Salah in a way just a bit more dumb lol

ReputationRep:
    Forgot he even played for Everton. Koeman doesn't like him but I actually think he's a player who can make an impact... He has an instinct for goal although sometimes in the final third he makes poor decisions. He reminds me of Salah in a way just a bit more dumb lol
    He's got 2 in 3 games this season. He's a better option than Sandro.
    • Very Important Poster

With the way the PL is, then it will not surprise if they get rid, but hope they stick with him.
    I cant see it changing soon.

They spent so much time and money getting Gylfi Sigurðsson.

If they get rid of K, then they are going t have to find new money for the next manager.

Big Sam seems to be back in vogue. the one who has done really well is Silva at Watford..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Big Sam seems to be back in vogue. the one who has done really well is Silva at Watford..
    Silva is one to watch for sure. Worked minor miracles with Hull last season.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.