Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Koeman to be sacked soon? Watch

ReputationRep:
    LOL seems I was right in my predictions. Koeman sacked today.

****ing hell footballs mad.
    • Very Important Poster

Bonkers and not all his fault. they cant get any new players till January although they will have a few returners. Steve Walsh hasnt helped.

Another one fighting for Ancelotti. Wouldnt surprise me if they were already sounding out replacements. Someone mentioned Tuchel. I dont think any want Moyes back,, so maybe they will put Unsworth in temp charge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Bonkers and not all his fault. they cant get any new players till January although they will have a few returners. Steve Walsh hasnt helped.

Another one fighting for Ancelotti. Wouldnt surprise me if they were already sounding out replacements. Someone mentioned Tuchel. I dont think any want Moyes back,, so maybe they will put Unsworth in temp charge?
    Tuchel was rumoured to go to Leicester but i reckon a manager of his quality would easily choose Everton over Leicester.

Think Tuchel belongs at Arsenal tbf
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by trapking)
    Tuchel was rumoured to go to Leicester but i reckon a manager of his quality would easily choose Everton over Leicester.

Think Tuchel belongs at Arsenal tbf
    I think Ancelotti actually wants Arsenal as well.

Irony is when Koeman was at Southampton, then he also mention Arsenal and Barcelona as well. Im surprised he got it so wrong as I think he is a good manager, but no manager get given time these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    LOL seems I was right in my predictions. Koeman sacked today.

****ing hell footballs mad.
    Everyone knew he was going.

It's a deserved sacking tbh. Invested the Lukaku money very poorly, and for a team that regularly used to be in the top 6 or 7 this simply isn't good enough.

ReputationRep:
    I did think he'd make it to the international break and felt he deserved bit more time but if Moshiri's made his mind up, then why delay for another few games that could end in defeat. A caretaker appointment like Unsworth may garner few more points that Koeman.

Not much sympathy for Koeman - no sooner had he joined Everton he was talking himself up for the Barcelona job and despite a solid first season preceding two decent seasons at Southampton, this summer was a real test of his managerial ability. Unsure as to what role Steve Walsh had on the transfer strategy but I think Koeman had a major say in bringing players he wanted such as Klaasen, Sigurdsson with collective responsibility for the failure to replace Lukaku.

Everton's squad just looks aging with no pace besides the younger, inexperienced players. Dyche would be an appointment I'd be interested in as he talks himself up on his own managerial nous but Ancelotti would not be the right man, and I don't see him taking that or the Leicester job. He's waiting for a bigger job in the summer. Other than that, Giggs has said he's interested in the Everton and Leicester jobs, sure both clubs will rushing to get him on the phone...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.