Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I always feel like everyone hates me ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've always thought everyone who speaks to me hates me . It's becoming so problematic I just hide in the loos in school because I can't bear to go to class . I think tonight I kind of of realised how abnormal this is but what can I realistically do to improve it ?

ReputationRep:
    i'm just glad to know that i'm the not the only one who hides in the toilet at school .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyGallagher98)
    I've always thought everyone who speaks to me hates me . It's becoming so problematic I just hide in the loos in school because I can't bear to go to class . I think tonight I kind of of realised how abnormal this is but what can I realistically do to improve it ?
    :hugs: I'm so sorry 😔 how many times have you hid out? Don't mess up your grades. I had a grooming problem as a preteen but I had an ugly duckling to swan phase and things go swimmingly ever since. Is it that you feel unattractive or you're ok with how you look but are shy? 😪

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt Queen)
    :hugs: I'm so sorry 😔 how many times have you hid out? Don't mess up your grades. I had a grooming problem as a preteen but I had an ugly duckling to swan phase and things go swimmingly ever since. Is it that you feel unattractive or you're ok with how you look but are shy? 😪
    I feel hideously ugly , stupid, weird , abnormal , annoying , loud and freakish. I can't bear to let people be around me it's so humiliating to exist

ReputationRep:
    I feel hideously ugly , stupid, weird , abnormal , annoying , loud and freakish. I can't bear to let people be around me it's so humiliating to exist
    That sounds a little more serious than a little anxiety, you may want to speak to a doctor about this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avaia)
    That sounds a little more serious than a little anxiety, you may want to speak to a doctor about this
    I can't it would look so weird I would have no idea how to start and also I don't want to be problematic I'm quite a high achiever on the outside

ReputationRep:
    You can rant to me 😪 Lucy, you shouldn't feel this way. The teen years are painful for a lot of people. But you survive and look back and see how none of that **** nor those people mattered at all. I had those feelings as a younger teenager it became so severe I won't even get into it but 5-10 years on those feelings are surprisingly non-existent. Take care of yourself and you will grow naturally into your looks and personality and have character building experiences! 😙😙😙😙💖

ReputationRep:
    I can't it would look so weird I would have no idea how to start and also I don't want to be problematic I'm quite a high achiever on the outside

But the outside isn’t who you are, there are many people who have stuck to the “well people think I am X so I have to pretend or act like that” and then they have broken. The best way to go about it is to see your GP and just be honest, tell them that you are struggling with these feelings of anxiety and low self esteem, let them know that it is affecting your schooling and that you hide from people. Because while right now it may not be extremely bad, if you leave this, and let it get worse then it could become something a lot more. It will have to be ‘treated’ eventually, and it is always best to get help when things are early and when they are easier to help 😊 there is likely a reason behind the way you are feeling, I know it sucks and it must be so damn hard to be going through this, but there really are people out there who want to help, your doctor isn’t gonna think its abnormal or weird…they deal with genuinely weird people all the time, and you are not one of them! This is more common than you may think, honestly, you should speak to people. Isolating it inside just makes it harder to deal with <3

ReputationRep:
    I was a painfully autistic anxious kid in which i got bullied. However i never ever hid in the toilets in my memory when i was in school, because i always hanged with groups who could tolerate (i don't call them friends tbh).

Maybe if i was in still school in this era with my now worsened condition i would be hiding in the toilet lol.

Yes it's abnormal, perhaps bunk school or something? thats what i used to do.

Spoiler:
    Show

Do you have friends? do u think you're autistic or a social communication disorders??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiet Benin)
    I was a painfully autistic anxious kid in which i got bullied. However i never ever hid in the toilets in my memory when i was in school, because i always hanged with groups who could tolerate (i don't call them friends tbh).

Maybe if i was in still school in this era with my now worsened condition i would be hiding in the toilet lol.

Yes it's abnormal, perhaps bunk school or something? thats what i used to do.

Spoiler:
    Show

Do you have friends? do u think you're autistic or a social communication disorders??

I have lots of friends it's during class time I hide in the toilets and I'm definitely not autistic x

ReputationRep:
    I felt a lot of these myself, Ill explain them to you in order as to why they're not an issue.
    1. Nobody really cares how you look you shouldn't care how you look either, I wake up in the morning put my contacts in, brush my teeth then I maybe fix my hair a bit if it's sticking up and that's it. I know people don't actually care if I look good or not and I personally couldn't care if I did either. Everyone looks bad at some point in high school you usually just grow out of it or realise nobody cares.

2. If you think that about yourself then work hard in school, revise etc. You can easily become a top pupil in each of your classes if you work hard enough.

3. Everyone feels weird and abnormal, I feel as though I'm a weirdo even though I have people I talk to daily, it's a mixture of being a teenager and also just being human. I'm sure almost everyone feels weird a lot of the time, that's cause of a multitude of reasons.

4. I personally get called annoying a lot of the time (mainly cause I sometimes intentionally annoy my friends as its funny.) If people are calling you annoying and are not talking to you then ignore them and if they're your friends, get new ones.

5. You don't seem like the loud type considering what you do. (if that somehow offends you, I'm sorry, it's not intended to be offensive)

6. Freakish means nothing, we're all humans and we're all basically the same.

Sounds like severe social anxiety and depression tbh, as others have said, go to the doctors about it, just know you are normal and that you don't need to lock yourself in the bathroom every day, I bet that nobody thinks any of this about you and that if you go to the class nobody would be annoyed or threatened by your presence.

Not needed but I always say this due to personal experience:
    Personally for me when I'm really really low I listen to music as it helps to both calm me down and feel better, if you like hip-hop rap then listen to kid cudi, Idk what genre his music falls under but it seems to help a lot of people get through stuff like this. You could also try chance the rapper and maybe some logic. (if you like hip hop rap.)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.