The Student Room Group

London Fashion Models/ The Studio Work/Studio41

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="name6;78904062" No="No"]
Original post by Sadek06

What’s your Facebook - I got my money back !!

How did you get your money back? i hope Ayla will get it back soon or later in not good way that b...h
Original post by Broken7003
Hey email me on [email protected] we have found a solicitor that will take this on but the more numbers the better. We have got myself and one other x

Hello I was scammed by them too contact me
Hi guys, my name is Fernanda. The same thing also happened to me recently and I would like to know what I can do about it. Thanks for the help.
I was contacted by Studio Works (41 Oxford Street) One of my pictures had been used on the ‘simplybe’ forum so when I was called I was thrilled to think the call might be genuine. I was going to be in London for my partners birthday and she said why not! Lets try it. On the 17th February 2018 we turned up to a studio that was at the back of a shop (I now think I should have taken this as a warning but I have NO experience in this industry and I was greeted by some one that was professional and seemed to know what they were talking about. I had my makeup done and had pictures taken with a couple of different people so it all felt very real. Afterwards I was brought into a meeting room where I was met by a young woman She congratulated me on the fact that I had been successful and they wished to take me on to their books! I was excited but dubious but Yasmine continued to go onto the benefits and cost of being with them: · Fortnightly Catch Ups· Dietary routines and advice· Practice sessions· Group chats with other models similar to myself· An aftercare programme for before and after castings· My Name listed in all of their modelling castings sites.· A casting with ASOS being paid £3900They also promised a nutritionist and and personal trainer The cost for this varied from £3,900 to £9,800. I explained countless times that I was not in a position to involve myself that heavily financially to which she stopped me and said: “well I have been looking and there is a casting that I have booked you onto with ‘ASOS’ next week and the pay for this would be £3800!” Obviously I was dumbstruck. I asked her five to 6 times to guarantee this and she did, even shaking my hand and promising… she even said “this is not a con”. My partner and I confirmed with her that as long as she could guarantee this then we were happy to give it a go. Hindsight is a wonderful thing of course because there are no details of the discussion or services I was promised on the contract. This was on the Saturday. I was then sent a ‘starter’ email asking for my measurements and of course I obliged. Since then I have called bi weekly emailed and even turned up at the office in London (which is always closed. I have been cut off, ignored and rebuffed. People always saying that they will back to me and no one ever does, it has now been 5 months and this has been absolutely devastating for me. I then looked online and have found dozens of people in the same situation and it is just heart-breaking that this can be allowed to happen. I must explain the delay in me getting hold of you. You will remember that I was completely hysterical when I called back in February 2018. This incident has greatly affected my mental health and I have been struggling to manage my thought process. My partner has been very supportive and I have explained to my bosses, after all I took some time off to try and deal with how I was feeling. I have been prescribed anti-depressants I feel embarrassed to have been conned, foolish to have thought that it was genuine and now lost at the thought of trying to pay it all back. I have spent countless nights crying myself to sleep. I have even considered going to the press as I have now seen articles about Studio Works but, although I a 31 year old woman, I still can’t bear the thought of my parents finding out because I know that they will be distraught and try and help me when they cant. I have always had an exceptional financial record, from buying my first house by myself and owning my own car. I feel desperate, not just because of the financial aspect but because it is just so unjust. Here are some links that will corroborate my story https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5692864/modelling-firm-took-3500-from-16-year-old-girl-after-promising-her-work-with-topshop-and-hm-but-high-street-stores-say-they-have-nothing-to-do-with-company/ https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.
Original post by No name6
Do a bank dispute!! I did and got my money back a whole 6000!

Today i received the letterfrom the bank thatyhey holding me liable for the disputed amount and I can appeal the decision .CAN WE ALL PLEASE JOIN TOGETHER AND PUNISH THIS CRIMINALS
(edited 5 years ago)
Please message me
They've conned me too, I'm in the process of dispute to get my money back through the bank because the idiots from this scam of a company are doing jack all since they are not from the finance department and"it's nothing to do with them" but not being funny, they belong to the same company.

They're just making excuses to keep us away and for us to stop bothering them. They keep saying a manager will get in touch with me but no one has and it's been over two weeks.

Their new line studio website doesn't seem to work too.
(edited 5 years ago)
The latest name they go by is new line studio. But office is still located at 1-3 Crawford place, w1h 4la. And im waiting to get my booking deposit back of £100 which they said at first woukd be refunded in 5 days then said after 14 days. They do me the run around, those c**ts.

I hope they all go to hell, i wonder how they sleep at night. I had a customer and she told me same thing happened to her. Guess this happens more frequently than we thought but yet action fraud, watchdog or the media hasn't been able to put a stop to them?!?

It's ridiculous. There were at least 2 other people that day of my shoot, all victims as well, and one of em i actually spoke to but none of us had realised then. £100 may be nothing compared to other victims money but it's a lot to me and all amounts of money is hard earned by that individual. I just hope to get mines back.
The latest name they go by is new line studio. But office is still located at 1-3 Crawford place, w1h 4la. And im waiting to get my booking deposit back of £100 which they said at first woukd be refunded in 5 days then said after 14 days. They do me the run around, those c**ts.

I hope they all go to hell, i wonder how they sleep at night. I had a customer and she told me same thing happened to her. Guess this happens more frequently than we thought but yet action fraud, watchdog or the media hasn't been able to put a stop to them?!?

It's ridiculous. There were at least 2 other people that day of my shoot, all victims as well, and one of em i actually spoke to but none of us had realised then. £100 may be nothing compared to other victims money but it's a lot to me and all amounts of money is hard earned by that individual. I just hope to get mines back.
Original post by Snaykay27

I literally just joined the student room, so i could post this thread. It's 3:30am and because of what these con artists have done, i cannot sleep. I have trouble sleeping everyday knowing they could away with this and already have in most occasions.
They've conned me too, I'm in the process of dispute to get my money back through the bank because the idiots from this scam of a company are doing jack all since they are not from the
Reply 510
Hi was this the simply models ad that you were scammed on that said about talent room London and white box studio
Original post by Th2457
Hi was this the simply models ad that you were scammed on that said about talent room London and white box studio

I think so as they go by the name talent rooms as well. The ad was posted on Instagram as well. I don't understand why Instagram allows these con artoststo lure innocent people to be their next victims
Original post by vickey13
Today i received the letterfrom the bank thatyhey holding me liable for the disputed amount and I can appeal the decision .CAN WE ALL PLEASE JOIN TOGETHER AND PUNISH THIS CRIMINALS

Yes please!!!!!!! message me too!
Reply 513
Now they are on name
Omg I can't believe this the same thing happened to me about my daughter. We had s call out of the blue to say she had been head hunted .paid 50 told refundable arrive damien gushed over her photos told us disney had come in for her and told my 4 year old it would be princess shoot and she would get to keep the dresses. Said they would help with cost as really wanted her as white blonde eith blue eyes. Was taken in and signed international portfolio. Told disney job would pay 4k Website would be 6 weeks still waiting paid by bank transfer is there anything in can do
Me and my 18 year old daughter had been offered to go down there for an “evaluation”, the man Zac Thomas sold my daughter dreams and false hope with arising opportunities that would come her way, he was very persuasive but we couldn’t pay the £8500 package so, I asked my mum to help out as my daughter was “gaurenteed” a shoot in a months time and could pay my mum back. They took £2500 and even pushed for more from an old lady that trusted me who trusted them, how stupid do i feel:frown: Now I have to find £2500 to give back to my mum which I don’t have!! It’s ridiculous, I’m livid!!! Also my daughter is so angry and upset that her dreams have been played around with!! I just want to know what can I do to try and get my money back and to shut this scam down ASAP!!!
Original post by joannebollands
Yes please!!!!!!! message me too!

Yes please they have to stop this fake company
Hi i have also same story.i want also take big decision .if you contact my number then will arrange 07440385685.contact me at this number
Where I need to go?? I was scammed too
I have been scammed too! Currently in talks with Barclaycard fraud team who cannot for sure promise me they can get my money back!
I paid 1250 on credit card and signed a credit agreement for the other half, no attempt has been made for them to take monthly instalments but my bank have
to me NOT to pay them another penny! They email my 15 year old statements of account which say ive been paying off th remaining debt, I havent and wont!!
Trading standards are fully aware of them but as they trade under so many names its difficult to keep up with them.
Barclaycard are fully aware of them but as I signed a credit I could be knackered.
My 15 year old daughter is so upset by all this and feels its her fault as she sent of a few pictures on the internet!
To say im angry is an understatement!!!!!!!

Heres a few stories in national press about them, im ready to go to the press!!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6016394/director-linked-to-scam-modelling-firm-exposed-by-the-sun-who-boasts-of-sports-cars-and-glam-lifestyle-has-been-accused-of-ripping-people-off-for-16-years/
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6070665/scam-firm-the-studio-works-exposed-by-our-undercover-investigation-caught-directing-young-hopefuls-to-another-sham-website-packed-with-false-claims/

Quick Reply

Latest