The Student Room Group

London Fashion Models/ The Studio Work/Studio41

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Janeadcock
Omg I can't believe this the same thing happened to me about my daughter. We had s call out of the blue to say she had been head hunted .paid 50 told refundable arrive damien gushed over her photos told us disney had come in for her and told my 4 year old it would be princess shoot and she would get to keep the dresses. Said they would help with cost as really wanted her as white blonde eith blue eyes. Was taken in and signed international portfolio. Told disney job would pay 4k Website would be 6 weeks still waiting paid by bank transfer is there anything in can do

Cantact your bank ASAP!!
Are these the same people now calling themselves Simply Models? But operate from a place called "The Fashion Studio" on Abbey Road Wembley and their email address contains the talent rooms in it??
Original post by Chichin83
Are these the same people now calling themselves Simply Models? But operate from a place called "The Fashion Studio" on Abbey Road Wembley and their email address contains the talent rooms in it??

Yes all of the names above!!!!

I got scammed at their Startford upon Avon studio, im in talks with fraud at the moment! I stupifly took my 15 year ols daughter for a shoot there, wish I had seen this thread first!!!
Original post by Viclovestoshop
Yes all of the names above!!!!

I got scammed at their Startford upon Avon studio, im in talks with fraud at the moment! I stupifly took my 15 year ols daughter for a shoot there, wish I had seen this thread first!!!

OH wow, how have they been able to do this for so long?? I literally went there this weekend just gone. Did you meet a guy called Damien who was the consultant or something? It's so horrible and twisted that they can do this and carry on getting away with it. How do they even make money from it when they have quite a few people involved? It makes no sense... Lucky for me Halifax didn't authorise a payment I was going to make to them, even when I transferred the money to my friend's account to try pay from her's, Halifax stopped it. I rang them yesterday to ask why it wasn't authorised and they said it was stopped by the fraud team and so that's when I started to research and found this thread. Wish I'd have done it before going because although I haven't lost a huge amount of money, I still paid a lot of money for the trip to begin with as I came from Manchester. This has well knocked my confidence back down and also caused my trust issues to resurface. I hope your daughter is OK and I hope you manage to your money back. How can we boycott the kn**s to stop them doing what they're doing for good?
Report them to the police
Thank god Halifax stopped your payment, wish Barclaycard had stopped mine!!!I’ve had so many sleepless nights over this but I won’t give up. My daughter has stopped answering any calls, they shouldn’t even be phoning her as she’s 15!!! It’s shocking how they keep trading, my brother has contacts as he worked for the BBC so he’s going to help me expose them all over the place, they need to be stopped.Some poor people on here have lost so much more money than me sadly :frown:
it probably the same lot as Visual studios and London Fashion Models in great titchfield
street London
Ive now reported it to the police
Reply 528
I was ripped off by these scumbags in October last year they have been running this scam for over 2 years the police can't touch them cos they are very clever and don't stay in one place to long they are under the radar of trading standards I was lucky and got my money back from my credit card company under section 75 but had to really fight hard to get it
How did you get it back through the credit card system? My payment is froze by them at the moment and waiting for these scammers to reply to them, my credit card company have told me they don’t think I will get a refund! Any advise would be appreciated thank you
Reply 530
I’ve just been scammed and lost my money for my son!!
Original post by SMV
I’ve just been scammed and lost my money for my son!!

SMV- did you go to the studio in unimix House on Abbey Road?
How did you get it back through the credit card system? My payment is froze by them at the moment and waiting for these scammers to reply to them, my credit card company have told me they don’t think I will get a refund! Any advise would be appreciated thank you

Ive now reported it to the police

Viclovestoshop - what did the police say when you spoke to them? These people need catching ASAP. They're still trying to call so if they get on to it quick they should be able to catch them
I have a crime number ect through action for fraud, it can take upto 28 days for the police to get back to me but I’ve reported the studio where I went and the people’s name involved. I paid by credit card and the merchant is a night club!!! I will get my money back one way or another! To be honest it’s a lot of money for me to loose but it’s gone beyond that with me now, there still scamming people everyday and I will expose them, my brother has good contacts at the BBC !!! I will not let it go now!!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Chichin83
Viclovestoshop - what did the police say when you spoke to them? These people need catching ASAP. They're still trying to
call so if they get on to it quick they should be able to catch them

Tell them you know they are a bunch of scammers and report them to trading standards ASAP. Trading standards are fully aware of my case and many other!!!
Read my review on Trustpilot and add your own, these people are criminals. They told my son he had a job offer from Ralph Lauren. It was all lies.
Can I get a refund on this payment. Thankfully I only parted with £250 for my son ...can't believe I was so stupid . Can anyone give me advise on recovering the money?
Original post by Penny76
Me and my 18 year old daughter had been offered to go down there for an “evaluation”, the man Zac Thomas sold my daughter dreams and false hope with arising opportunities that would come her way, he was very persuasive but we couldn’t pay the £8500 package so, I asked my mum to help out as my daughter was “gaurenteed” a shoot in a months time and could pay my mum back. They took £2500 and even pushed for more from an old lady that trusted me who trusted them, how stupid do i feel:frown: Now I have to find £2500 to give back to my mum which I don’t have!! It’s ridiculous, I’m livid!!! Also my daughter is so angry and upset that her dreams have been played around with!! I just want to know what can I do to try and get my money back and to shut this scam down ASAP!!!

zac thomas scammed me too! took 4 grand from my friend!!! disgusting low life
Original post by Model999
I just fell in the trick last Friday as well, however I found everything was quite strange for me and I did some research online and found it's a scammer. So I am already doing some things to try to get my money back. I cancelled my card and asked bank to re-issue a new card to me, but at this stage, bank can't block the transaction for me, I have to wait first. I also have reported to police and get a CRN (Crime Reference Number). I strongly suggest that all victims should report their cases to police. The way to report this kind of cases is not to go to a police station. You should go to "Action Fraud" website (
https://actionfraud.police.uk/) and complete your case there and get a CRN or you also can call 0300 123 2040 to report it in week days during their working hous, then a police will ask you to describe your case and record it then gives you a CRN. More people report it then police will know how serious this thing is. I am still trying other ways, and waiting for some results, so once I have some successful things happened I will post them to your guys for reference.

My case was quite bad, I think they gave different people different prices, that night, I only had 3 packages - £3500, £5000 & £7500 to choose. I remember that the guy - Zac wanted to get my money from my credit card from his computer system - Barclay card system, it was rejected couple times and then he tried to use PDQ mecaine, the same thing happened. I had to call my bank to unblock the security, then my payment could only go through PDQ mechain. (Gosh, how come I was so stupied to do so.) I think my bank detected the account wanted to get my money is some kind of scamming account, so could not go through. So I already reported to my bank couple times to my bank and am waiting for bank's action. According to Citizen Adice Bureau's suggestion, a person can ask credit card or debit card's issuer to block a transaction and the bank should do so, but of course they will take some time to investigate your case. So the same, I will suggest people who are victims here to do the same thing, then banks normal exhange some scamming information, then they will know some accounts are dangerous for you to pay money in.

There are some discussions in "BEWARE - London Fashion Models Scam" discussion, it's the same company. You guys can go there to have a look some discussions. If we get together, actually we can report many cases to police and banks, then more cases, they will start to do something for us.

I also found the company use topmodels.one to attract people to sign in, then the studio itself has few different names, Studio, Studio 41, Noir, Noir 41, Sudio Work. I also found that when the wanted to use his computer to take my money, the money would go to an account called "Matthew Reece".

I fell in this trick, but I found it's a scammer in the next day (Within 24 hours), it wasn't too bad. However, now I worry about those people I saw in the studio, they were very nice, we smiled to each other and encourage each other. They may be celebrating their new future at the moment, but in few weeks or couple months time, they will realise that they are scammed. I don't know how to contact them, but only hope they can see these discussions ASAP, then do something to help themselves.

zac thomas is still functioning. scammed me only on saturday. still has these 3 packages
Were TSR's mainframe to generate a composite 'modelling portfolio' of everyone in this thread, something tells me that the end result would be an exact replica of this:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest