Turn on thread page Beta

London Fashion Models/ The Studio Work/Studio41 watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello Gabi20,I was scammed as well. I signed the contract on 11.12.2017 and on it still says that I have to pay more. I tried to cancel but nothing. Please post any contact details and I will contact you as soon as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  clem-onojeghuo-381197.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  171.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=m3dio0;75156276]Hello contact me on [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studio41)
    Wow yes something NEEDS to be done, they are flaunting the law and laughing at the police as with this magic way of stealing money without repercussion. I am sure that TV comps would love to do an exposé on this. My friend who has just lost her home in the Grenfell tower tried to cheer up her duagher with this and was scammed out of £5000.00 - Yes Id like to get a few people together to bring these people down.
    Hey there lovelys! Had an email off action fraud who have handed it over to trading standards. For the 1st time in a month i actually felt relief. I do feel like they are laughing at us but am utterly thrilled to be acknowledged by the governing agencies and hope they will persue justice on these awful people. How they sleep at night il never know. They knew i work for the emergancy services, not exactly a pretty/easy way of earning my keep but to pull this on a decent citizen just shows the lack or morals or respect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MRFOXY)
    Yes, they are scum. Please tell me you paid by Credit Card
    I did but credit card company r saying they wont cover it because I entered my pin

ReputationRep:
    Did u get ure money back? I paid by cred card

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarieza123)
    THE STUDIO WORKS is a scam! I can`t believe how is it possible to happen! So many people have been lied and The studio works continue to lie every day new and new people. I have singed a contract with a "viewer" Mia Viewer(!) and she said the contract includes 5 castings per month (golden package) for 12 months. She repeated with excitement so many times that she guarantees my success and my job. THE STUDIO WORKS has never responded my emails; very rarely someone has answered on the phone. They have never given to me any specific and detailed information about the next step; they were only repeating I need to wait, it will take time... The studio works had sent me my ''website'', 15 min after my first visit to their Head office where I went to check why they don't respond to me. When I saw this website, I realised that there is no any connection between my website and The studio works; it hangs on in the middle of the nowhere. In the website of the agency you can't find any models; there are only few pictures without names and contacts. My photos are still not there...! The studio works has nothing to do with the modelling! I will make any efforts to take MY MONEY BACK. I NEVER GIVE UP!
    Hello I contacted a solicitor and he told me to rise a case it needs to be for 10 000 pounds at least to justify the cost so i need more people to join me on this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shafro)
    Hello, I'm so sorry to hear about your situation, I've also been scammed by this company who charged me the same! I'm going to my bank about it but they need to be stopped and we need to be compensated. I'd like to go further into this with you so please message me if you can
    Hey email me on [email protected] we have found a solicitor that will take this on but the more numbers the better. We have got myself and one other x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naygibby)
    Yeah I did pay by credit card
    Email me on [email protected] if u stand a chance of refunds...we to have been scammed and have found a solicitor to take it on if we act in numbers x

ReputationRep:
    Did u get ure money back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bengolo)
    It happened to me with The studio work. Is it a SCAM? I payed a lot of money. They are supposedly waiting for me to send them my measurements. What can you tell me?
    Scammers they are...we have found a solicitor if we act in numbers against em n get compensation
    Email me on [email protected]
    Theres 2 in already x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philip 12345)
    We have been conned by the studio Works promising modelling photo shoots to our daughter by paying them £3500. Never heard from them again. They continue to operate and take advantage of young people dreaming to become models. Nobody seems to be doing anything about this. You should raise awareness of this scam
    I have exactly the same. Reported to action fraud and theyve referred them on to trading standards. As for credit card refund or company refund seems impossible we are trying to form a group for a solicitor to take them on...strength in numbers n all that.
    Email me on [email protected] and stand with us to get compensated for the nightmare they have cast upon us let alone it happening to anyone else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broken7003)
    Scammers they are...we have found a solicitor if we act in numbers against em n get compensation
    Email me on [email protected]
    Theres 2 in already x
    I went to Marylebone studio n they said after taking 2500 quid they will b in touch with 3 jobs a month at 1000 leading to 6 a month if i want the work.
    I phoned em back next day when i realised for them to fob me off n say i shouldn't believe reviews.
    Its been a month n ive had no work.no aftercare and no proffessional portfolio. I hate pics they put up n asked them to ask me before it went live n they havmt worked on it at all. Scam scam scam!
    Police are involved and trading standards are deciding what action they are going to take to stop these awful people robbing us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulinerobertson)
    Can anyone give me some details about this company please? I took my daughter down to London last week for her photo shoot and felt right away that the place was 'dodgy'. We almost didn't go in. But we went and did the shoot. I made excuses that I couldn't stay to view the pics as I had a train to catch so I didn't speak to the consultant. But now i'm not sure I even want to bother viewing the pics? Do they try and force you into buying pics etc?
    Yes
    They will sign on behalf of you whether u want them to or not. Please dont go! Its had so many already. The police and trading standards are on their backs now. If i can stop it happening to more people i will. It ruined my Christmas

ReputationRep:
    Hi my name is sonia, I was scammed as well in £2500. They send me a VIP Membership card, I tried to call and the guy that picked up told me to never call there again,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sonia2018)
    Hi my name is sonia, I was scammed as well in £2500. They send me a VIP Membership card, I tried to call and the guy that picked up told me to never call there again,
    Who did you speak to? What happened? Whats the v.i.p membership card if they told you never to call again? Im guessing like the rest you were promised work then dissapeared with your money like the rest

ReputationRep:
    I just fell in the trick last Friday as well, however I found everything was quite strange for me and I did some research online and found it's a scammer. So I am already doing some things to try to get my money back. I cancelled my card and asked bank to re-issue a new card to me, but at this stage, bank can't block the transaction for me, I have to wait first. I also have reported to police and get a CRN (Crime Reference Number). I strongly suggest that all victims should report their cases to police. The way to report this kind of cases is not to go to a police station. You should go to "Action Fraud" website (
    https://actionfraud.police.uk/) and complete your case there and get a CRN or you also can call 0300 123 2040 to report it in week days during their working hous, then a police will ask you to describe your case and record it then gives you a CRN. More people report it then police will know how serious this thing is. I am still trying other ways, and waiting for some results, so once I have some successful things happened I will post them to your guys for reference.

My case was quite bad, I think they gave different people different prices, that night, I only had 3 packages - £3500, £5000 & £7500 to choose. I remember that the guy - Zac wanted to get my money from my credit card from his computer system - Barclay card system, it was rejected couple times and then he tried to use PDQ mecaine, the same thing happened. I had to call my bank to unblock the security, then my payment could only go through PDQ mechain. (Gosh, how come I was so stupied to do so.) I think my bank detected the account wanted to get my money is some kind of scamming account, so could not go through. So I already reported to my bank couple times to my bank and am waiting for bank's action. According to Citizen Adice Bureau's suggestion, a person can ask credit card or debit card's issuer to block a transaction and the bank should do so, but of course they will take some time to investigate your case. So the same, I will suggest people who are victims here to do the same thing, then banks normal exhange some scamming information, then they will know some accounts are dangerous for you to pay money in.

There are some discussions in "BEWARE - London Fashion Models Scam" discussion, it's the same company. You guys can go there to have a look some discussions. If we get together, actually we can report many cases to police and banks, then more cases, they will start to do something for us.

I also found the company use topmodels.one to attract people to sign in, then the studio itself has few different names, Studio, Studio 41, Noir, Noir 41, Sudio Work. I also found that when the wanted to use his computer to take my money, the money would go to an account called "Matthew Reece".

I fell in this trick, but I found it's a scammer in the next day (Within 24 hours), it wasn't too bad. However, now I worry about those people I saw in the studio, they were very nice, we smiled to each other and encourage each other. They may be celebrating their new future at the moment, but in few weeks or couple months time, they will realise that they are scammed. I don't know how to contact them, but only hope they can see these discussions ASAP, then do something to help themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broken7003)
    Yep paid 2500 with deal i would get 3 jobs leading to 6 a month n make my money back for christmas. They have continually fobbed me off...websites terrible...substandard n cant get money back from bank on credit card. Its made me ill! Reported to action fraud. Has anyone got their money back? I wrote a letter outlining i wanted a refund a few days after i realised they arnt an agency so its illegal to find me work...they said my consumer rights are irrelevant on personal items...but they havnt met the standard n aftercare let alone a job after. They said 6 days n my website will b live...3 weeks on im still waiting for them to change as they didnt ask what images i wanted. My 10 yr old could do a better job. Im a single mum with 2 kids...this has broken me
    What is your situation now Broken7003???

That night (Last Friday night), I saw a good dad bought his 6-year-old beautiful draughter to do her photoshoot, and a teenager black beautiful slim girl with her parents, and other good people who went there with their hope. I quite worry about them. They may start to realise that they are scammed few weeks or couple months later. I really would like to pre-print some papers and stand around that Studio and see people who are going to go in and give my pre-printed papers to them and stop them to go though the pain I am going through now. However, I have to go to work, and can't help those people who will fall into this trick everyday.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Did anyone resolve the issues with London Fashion Models? Did they pay money back or is it still an issue?
    I really am worried about what I have got my self in to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1Life)
    Hi, Did anyone resolve the issues with London Fashion Models? Did they pay money back or is it still an issue?
    I really am worried about what I have got my self in to.
    I am not sure about other people, but I haven't.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2018
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.