Turn on thread page Beta

London Fashion Models/ The Studio Work/Studio41 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, have you had any joy getting your money back ?
    I went for a shoot at this agency and got asked to leave when I couldn't raise enough money to buy a package for them to represent me... they were really convincing but I managed to see through them and left.

ReputationRep:
    But you as a grown adult, why would YOU put yourself in a situation that you cannot afford?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys it looks like it happens to so many people and they are not stopped by the police. They sell fake dreams and rape people. They need to be taken in court.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicul)
    Hi guys it looks like it happens to so many people and they are not stopped by the police. They sell fake dreams and rape people. They need to be taken in court.
    These companies are very convincing and sell the dream so well and say all the right things

ReputationRep:
    Is this the studio above souvenirs in Oxford St? I just paid £100 deposit to go to photo shoot said I will get my money back on arrival???

ReputationRep:
    They will try to sell you a package. Don’t take it! And then start the process of recovering the £100 you have paid once you have been for the photo shoot.

Also check your statement and have a look at the name of account that has taken the funds out. Probably dodgy.

ReputationRep:
    Iv just been there today with my daughter down oxford street... I paid some money by not all how is it a scam? Do you not get any further photo shoots for these designer brands?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz919)
    Iv just been there today with my daughter down oxford street... I paid some money by not all how is it a scam? Do you not get any further photo shoots for these designer brands?
    It’s a plain scam. Do let me know how you get on and if you do indeed get what you have invested. I have done a lot of research into this and it clearly adds up to a scam. I hope for your daughter’s sake that I am wrong, but the more I look into this, the more I am convinced that these guys are operating a very sophisticated scam.

ReputationRep:
    This is unbelievable. I had a photo shoot a few months ago and thankfully went for their cheapest package. This entire situation is shambolic and I want my money back as well. Please do respond and let me know how each of you are planning to get your money back and how I can join as well!

ReputationRep:
    This is Honestly the worst modelling company ever, with the worst actors to try and scam you. On the day that I arrived, for a start it was absolutely impossible to find the place, and my family and I were parked up walking around what felt like all of Marylebone, trying to find this place, with an infant. We finally found it, after a kind man waved to us from the studio, to guide us where it was. The instructions on the leaflet that they had provided us in the post( to seem professional) were useless. It turned out that the studio was above a Little pub, with a dangerous slippery stair case to lead you up. When we arrived, there was stairs and so little space upstairs that it would have been impossibletrying to bring our pram up. When the man rung the bell for them to open the door,a lady (not realising we were able to hear) rudely said ‘why are they so late?’. I though this was extremely rude, considering that the studio was in such a bad area, and we had been spending the past 40 minutes looking for it. The makeup was done expertly however, so I can’t flaw them on this. I guess that this was all part of the reason for them to get you to think they were professional. Their was one shabby changing room, with which I had to ask a friend to hold it because the curtain wouldn’t shut. The photographer was amazing, and I quickly had the photos done within 90 minutes even though they claimed it would take 3-4 hours! After the photos were done, they told us that we would have to wait about 40 minutes, for them to ‘send them to check that I have the attributes to become a model’. We came back to the studio 40 minutes later, and apparently they had not decided yet. We had a young child in the car, and had to wait another hour there, even though when we arrived they said that they would see us shortly-ridiculous I know. A lady emerged from the room, unprofessional and untrustworthy looking, and told us she would be back in a couple of minutes. After she had had her smoke, she can back and invited us in. She showed me a picture of my photograph on a photoshopped newspaper. She told me ‘congratulations you have been accepted’. She started rabbiting on about how I could be in the best brands like Gucci, Dolce and Gabbana and many more. After this long speech, she showed me the prices to get an online portfolio, to get into these brands. They said they could only accept you if you purchased one of these portfolios which ranged from about £2500 to £6000. My mother was with me and said that we would have to think about it, because this is A LOT of money for us to be spending. She could see my mother knew that this was a con from now on. My mother (having experience in the modelling sphere) said that great company’s like Storm modelling said that you do not need an expensive portfolio to get chosen, otherwise only wealthy people would become models. The lady began to look panicked that we weren’t falling for it. She said that they had links to Storm and even helped to design Storms website. My mother said that we have to think about it, but the lady starting pressurising us, saying that if we didn’t choose now, then she would delete the photos. Apparently if you do pay up, then the computer has a software that would save the photos to it- I mean what a load of bs. My mother got increasing angry calling the computer a company a con, and the lady black mailed us saying that she wasn’t investing in my future, how ridiculous. It got so heated, so we just left. Sorry for how long this was, but please NEVER trust these online modelling company’s,especially if they say that you need to pay for a portfolio, YOU DO NOT, selfies are normally excepted, this is coming from someone with experience .

ReputationRep:
    Hello I was just at there today , is it really a scam ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohankochhar)
    This is unbelievable. I had a photo shoot a few months ago and thankfully went for their cheapest package. This entire situation is shambolic and I want my money back as well. Please do respond and let me know how each of you are planning to get your money back and how I can join as well!

Hello , sorry did you get your money back ?
    I was just there today and I am wondering if it's all a scam ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azh1234)
    Hello , sorry did you get your money back ?
    I was just there today and I am wondering if it's all a scam ?
    Hello, no I went there on Saturday, I just said to them keep your deposit be because I guess they need to pay makeup artist and photographer somehow

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I’m sorry but I can pretty much guarantee you that is a scam, knew it as soon as I walked out, and I have been scammed and know what to look for. NEVER TRUST THESE PEOPLE!! Did u fall for it?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I can't believe people are STILL falling for this crap. The very fact that people have found their way onto this thread AFTER they've been scammed shows that these people aren't researching this company until after they've been scammed. Darwinism at its finest...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gymbunny1)
    Hi, I’m sorry but I can pretty much guarantee you that is a scam, knew it as soon as I walked out, and I have been scammed and know what to look for. NEVER TRUST THESE PEOPLE!! Did u fall for it?
    I did fell for it unfortunately , I didn't pay the full amount tho thankfully

ReputationRep:
    WE travelled from Bradford for this scam so upset

ReputationRep:
    oh, you poor things, I hope they didn’t make you pay up in the end?

ReputationRep:
    I’m wondering did you go back to studio Works about this issue I only payed £800 but still money is money and they lied and I really wanna go there I need my money back

ReputationRep:
    i Didn’t pay anything except £50 deposit. They said over the phone I was getting it back, but at studio that I wasn’t

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.