Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A friend of mine keeps cheating on banking numerical tests and is getting away... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    that literally doesn't mean anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why do you think it doesn't mean anything?

She met some guy in the lloyds admissions process who has some affilation to goldman sachs and he said she was so amazing at her interview that if ever applied for the spring week with GS she'd had a STRONG chance of getting it and by strong she meant she'd just get an automatic interview because she knows that guy

Thing is tho...

she does like nursing( not nursing, so keeping anoymous)

so I was like ' Oh, how did you pass the numerical test for lloyds' and she said she got her friend to 'SUPPORT HER'

ReputationRep:
    I heard that some people at my uni do it. I would never do it.

Why?

Because I would feel inferior for not having the capability of completing a numerical test compared to other people on the internship. You will feel like an outlier and secondly, if you're not capable of completing a numerical test, most likely working in IBD isn't for you.

ReputationRep:
    yeah but only if you snitch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midgetspinner)

Why?

Because I would feel inferior for not having the capability of completing a numerical test compared to other people on the internship. You will feel like an outlier and secondly, if you're not capable of completing a numerical test, most likely working in IBD isn't for you.
    you're taking life way too seriously bud

(Original post by Kits)
    yeah but only if you snitch

snitches get stitches xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gr8wizard10)
    you're taking life way too seriously bud

snitches get stitches xD
    Im not going to snitch

I was just shocked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midgetspinner)

Why?

Dude relax aha

ReputationRep:
    Just focus on yourself...it's ridiculous that we have to do these tests numerical test if you come from a numerical background in the first place.

I use to fail the tests, I practiced, now I cam do them..But It doesn't change how I would've performed at my internship..

Personally, if it's a friend, you shouldn't even be concerned.. You have rest of the world to compete with.. Don't waste your time competing with friends..

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Are you preparing for an aptitude reasoning test?

I am one of the founders of The Aptitude Reasoning Tests Bible, which has >1,000 numerical-, logical- and verbal reasoning questions. The questions are based on real-life interviews and exams, with each question having a detailed explanation.

The app goes through all the common mistakes and how you should approach each type of question. As a bonus, the app also has commonly asked guesstimates and brain teasers with explanations so that you can impress the interviewer!

Good luck with your applications!

Best regards,
    Jonathan Anderson

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.