Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm looking to apply for a Foundation degree in animal management at Herts uni 2018. I am just wondering if theres anyone else that is currently on the course or looking to apply as well to give me some more info on what it is like? I have emailed the college and they say its a full time course but only 2 days of the week i would be in college, is there anyone who has been on the course who could show me a rough timetable? what is expected of you on the days your not in college? Thank you.

I will also be considered a mature student at 27 years old. Is there anyone applying for the uni who is also a mature student? or anyone who is a mature student now and what your experience of it is regarding social life/fitting in etc?

Thankyou for your help
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SLUCK27)
    Hello, I'm looking to apply for a Foundation degree in animal management at Herts uni 2018. I am just wondering if theres anyone else that is currently on the course or looking to apply as well to give me some more info on what it is like? I have emailed the college and they say its a full time course but only 2 days of the week i would be in college, is there anyone who has been on the course who could show me a rough timetable? what is expected of you on the days your not in college? Thank you.

I will also be considered a mature student at 27 years old. Is there anyone applying for the uni who is also a mature student? or anyone who is a mature student now and what your experience of it is regarding social life/fitting in etc?

Thankyou for your help
    Hey SLUCK27,

I'm a mature student myself at 33. I just graduated from my MA!
    Social life wise and fitting in I had no issues. We had a mix of mature and younger students on my course and we all got on. We even went out clubbing and drinking. You can also join clubs and societies to get involved and meet people!

Regarding Animal Management I cant comment on course specifics sadly, but I'd imagine you'd be doing lots of practical and work outside of the classroom on your own!

All the best,

David

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.