Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Favourite game of all time? Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    A game which I would always playing, that never gets boring, I shared so much time in the past and still passionate when gaming and last but not least has good soundtracks.

It is Mega Man X for SNES.

I owned the whole Mega Man, Donkey Kong, Super Mario and Zelda series, but this one is my best I have ever played and still play now and then. And some soundtacks of this are so catching!

ReputationRep:
    I think older games tend to be favourites as they were designed to be played over and over and over. But games like CoD are now only focused on multiplayer and the campaign always suffers :/
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avaia)
    I think older games tend to be favourites as they were designed to be played over and over and over.(...)
    That is how it is. They are designed for being timeless, just think about the old jump and run games. This made them to classics.

ReputationRep:
    I think that my favourite game wouldn't necessarily be the one game I always go back to, the one I could play over and over.

I always love seeing new chapters in Uncharted series for instance. For the time that I first play them they are up there with my favourite games yet I don't have a desire to go back to the single player, not because of any linearity as The Lost Legacy allows some choice but precisely because then it's literally no longer 'uncharted'- I've 'charted' it, I can't get back quite the thrill of seeing a new environment for the first time and I probably couldn't stand characters telling me how
    unprecedented it was when I'd already been there, when it's no longer fresh. (I play the multiplayer just about every day though- Naughty Dog really should
    consider making a multiplayer only Uncharted like the Quake series did with Quake 3).

I used to roll my eyes when people would say Half LIfe 2 but there is something elegant about that game that makes it worth revisiting. It uses Miyamoto-like
    principles of first showing you a harmless example of what some new creature can do before it actually has the chance to kill you. It's a cold, rather than a
    warm, affection that I have for the game though - its world is detailed in places but in an austere way.

Super Mario World controls beautifully, with beautiful sound. My favourite Megadrive game is World of Illusion- the art design and music is so evocative of a
    period era Disney that never actually existed to that level.

On N64, Mario 64 might be actually the most worthy but it's not a friendly game. I enjoyed Banjo Kazooie and Conker's Bad Fur Day more. They were pretty epic
    games but Conker could be awkward to control. I look forward to playing Odyssey.

I have huge respect for Jet Set Radio Future on Xbox- I had so much fun playing that without the time restrictions or in-level police chases that made the
    Dreamcast game so frustrating.

1080 Avalanche on the Gamecube is so underrated. It's almost like Jet Set Radio Future if it was a pure racer in a way- setpieces, platforming, rather than tricks.

I'm not going for The Last of Us because I don't like its anti-hero premise and playing the game is sometimes like walking on eggshells. It scares me too much but its multiplayer is SUPERB. Uncharted 2 is easily my favourite Uncharted single player (although Lost Legacy did very well). Uncharted 4 is my favourite Uncharted multiplayer.

As you might tell, I'm not a huge FPS or RPG fan but the first Bioshock and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door were interesting,
    particularly the latter. I really liked Dishonored too (but found its sequel to not feel as good) which has some of the kind of choice of an RPG that Bioshock didnt.

Thinking about it all, it seems really hard to make a game that you want to return to so many times - if you don't get in to RPGS. There's no
    absolute standout to me.

So I'm going for The Curse of Monkey Island.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    A game which I would always playing, that never gets boring, I shared so much time in the past and still passionate when gaming and last but not least has good soundtracks.

It is Mega Man X for SNES.

I owned the whole Mega Man, Donkey Kong, Super Mario and Zelda series, but this one is my best I have ever played and still play now and then. And some soundtacks of this are so catching!

I remember playing one of the old megaman games on a psp custom firmware emulator some years ago. It was surprisingly addictive, great music too

I can't remember which one it was, but I never got round to finishing it

ReputationRep:
    Ocarina of Time and Baldur's Gate 2 used to vie for my 'best' accolade.

But Factorio = video crack. If you haven't played it, don't. It will eat your life like no other (assuming you get into it).

ReputationRep:
    Of the games I've played I've probably gotten the most enjoyment out of Modern Warfare 3.

ReputationRep:
    I love Skyrim and it's definitely up there but currently my favourite game would be The long dark, which is an indie survival game I found on steam and I instantly fell in love with it. The art, the music, the gameplay, it's all perfect. I ended up racking up 100 hours of playtime in the first few months easily.

ReputationRep:
    The games I've played/replayed/spent the most hours on are:

Single player:
    Borderlands 2
    FF7
    Red Dead Redemption

Multiplayer:
    Mariokart 64
    Goldeneye 64
    Gears of War

ReputationRep:
    KOTOR

ReputationRep:
    Rayman 3 & Skyrim

ReputationRep:
    Had a lot of favourites over the years, Fallout 3, Fable 2 and others..

But the only true best game is The Witcher 3. FACT.

ReputationRep:
    Super Mario World! hands down
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by 04MR17)
      Thank you my friend.

ReputationRep:
      All these Skyrim posts and not one mention of Oblivion. You guys dunno what you're talking about xD I wish my 360 was still up and running, I had 3k hours in that game.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Guru Jason)
      All these Skyrim posts and not one mention of Oblivion. You guys dunno what you're talking about xD I wish my 360 was still up and running, I had 3k hours in that game.
      It's all about Morrowind 😂😂

ReputationRep:
      The Harry Potter games on PS2. Those games were my childhood I loved and still love Harry Potter. I saw a video on youtube the other day walking through those games and it was so nostalgic. Wish I could be a kid again

ReputationRep:
      there are so many... I do like skyrim and the dragon age games
      • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
      Hmm mine would probably be a toss up between ffx ( partially nostalgia there) and Super Mario Galaxy.
      A close second would be Kh2 ( for nostalgia again, one of the first games I remember completing myself actually)

ReputationRep:
      Last of Us 2 looks so brutal

detroit become human also looks good

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.