Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My maintenance is roughly 3.9k in total about £300 off my rent for my place.

So far my mum has stated she has put down her income as less than 25k.

I get **** all from my dad because he wants to wash his hands clean of me and my can't afford to pay for a whole vast multitude and "complex" reasons.

Is this standard maintenance low or high?
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by will'o'wisp2)

I get **** all from my dad because he wants to wash his hands clean of me and my can't afford to pay for a whole vast multitude and "complex" reasons.

The range is there.
    https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/n...ltime-students
    Calculator for estimate.
    https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-calculator

Sounds like min which everyone gets till they check he docs.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:

Has your mum sent off her evidence? Also, unless your parents are separated and send evidence stated this, your dad's income will count.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    The range is there.
    https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/n...ltime-students
    Calculator for estimate.
    https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-calculator

Sounds like min which everyone gets till they check he docs.
    documents?
    i know that my mum called me to say that i need to give permission for something and i can't remember what specifically now but at the time i defintiely called up asap as soon as my mum called and told the student finance they have my permission for whatever it was.
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Has your mum sent off her evidence? Also, unless your parents are separated and send evidence stated this, your dad's income will count.
    Yes, it has been stated that my mum is the only one supporting me, not sure how to word it but it should basically be know to the people who manage this that my mum is the only one supporting me my dad isn't doing anything.
    • Very Important Poster

documents?
    i know that my mum called me to say that i need to give permission for something and i can't remember what specifically now but at the time i defintiely called up asap as soon as my mum called and told the student finance they have my permission for whatever it was.

Yes, it has been stated that my mum is the only one supporting me, not sure how to word it but it should basically be know to the people who manage this that my mum is the only one supporting me my dad isn't doing anything.
    Its up to them to review the evidence that TR referred to.
    ts up to them to decide even if your mum is the only one supporting you in reality, whether they think your dad should be making a contribution. You should have provided proof they are separated. See what happens and spend minimally. You should have been able to access your bank overdraft by now. You can also ask your student union or the hardship fund run bu the uni for a loan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Its up to them to review the evidence that TR referred to.
    ts up to them to decide even if your mum is the only one supporting you in reality, whether they think your dad should be making a contribution. You should have provided proof they are separated. See what happens and spend minimally. You should have been able to access your bank overdraft by now. You can also ask your student union or the hardship fund run bu the uni for a loan.
    hmmm it's going to be apparent because im setting up a student account for me cus my dad said he gonna put money in it so this coming wednesday i can finally hopefully open a bank account and see the "money" he's going to put in.

That's a difficult one, they are definitely separated as int hey don't live together but the decree absolute and the finance splitting has yet to be done bcus court. So far i think my spending habits are ok, i don't go out i don't drink so i just spend a lil more on food and milk than everyone else does other than that i'd say im a save heavy person.

That's a good idea i'll go to the student union and see what they can do.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.