Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

17. Female, never had a relationship Watch

I mean I've never had a romantic relationship, I've had 2 crushes over the last 5 years, I'm not ugly but not gorgeous either, I'm friends with guys but honestly am I really missing out on anything? I've seen friends have worthless relationships which are over in 2 weeks and it just makes me even more adverse

However, there is a small part of me which is just scared, am I ever going to have a relationship? Am I supposed to be liking lots of people and wanting things? Everyone else does

ReputationRep:
    You know, there is nothing wrong with having not been in a relationship. It is a lot more common than people think, there is no rush and you should never get with somebody or do something just cause others are or you think that you have to, just let what happens happen. If you find yourself attracted to a guy or find yourself in a situation where you are going further and you like it, then role with it. But don’t force yourself to be in those situations if that isn’t what you want.

You have a whole life to do things and experience, as I said in a previous post, university is a great time to do all those things 😊 For now, focus on what you want and do what you want. I can’t say you are missing nothing, because relationships are awesome, but at the same time you are also missing the hard parts of relationships too, because they are not all cute and happy and smiles and love.

Just do what you think is right for you, and if anybody tries to ever force you into doing something or makes you feel *****y for not doing something, cut them xD xD

- Edit, Avi does not condone violence and Avi shall hold no liability for any actions taken by any individual-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avaia)
    You know, there is nothing wrong with having not been in a relationship. It is a lot more common than people think, there is no rush and you should never get with somebody or do something just cause others are or you think that you have to, just let what happens happen. If you find yourself attracted to a guy or find yourself in a situation where you are going further and you like it, then role with it. But don’t force yourself to be in those situations if that isn’t what you want.

You have a whole life to do things and experience, as I said in a previous post, university is a great time to do all those things 😊 For now, focus on what you want and do what you want. I can’t say you are missing nothing, because relationships are awesome, but at the same time you are also missing the hard parts of relationships too, because they are not all cute and happy and smiles and love.

Just do what you think is right for you, and if anybody tries to ever force you into doing something or makes you feel *****y for not doing something, cut them xD xD

- Edit, Avi does not condone violence and Avi shall hold no liability for any actions taken by any individual-
    I totally agree with the poster above me, live life and go with the flow! No rush

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I mean I've never had a romantic relationship, I've had 2 crushes over the last 5 years, I'm not ugly but not gorgeous either, I'm friends with guys but honestly am I really missing out on anything? I've seen friends have worthless relationships which are over in 2 weeks and it just makes me even more adverse

However, there is a small part of me which is just scared, am I ever going to have a relationship? Am I supposed to be liking lots of people and wanting things? Everyone else does
    hi think i can get ur snap? or add me @louielenin

It makes you even more precious and special than the rest of the people , you don’t need to rush anything. Take your time and find the ONE because it’s not the end of the world.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.