Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm applied for LSE, Oxford, Durham, Bristol and KCL. Was wondering if any of you have gotten the email saying that they'll now be comparing you to the rest of the applicants?

I've gotten the initial assessment email (on Monday), but so far, nothing else. However, a friend of mine who applied for PPE in LSE has gotten the '8 week email' already.

So was just wondering if any of you have gotten it?

ReputationRep:
    I got the 8 week email on Monday 16th

ReputationRep:
    I am sorry but what is the 8 week email?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdvocateDevereux)
    I am sorry but what is the 8 week email?
    You receive the 8-week email once you've passed the initial assessment. The initial assessment checks that your grades and personal statement are a high enough standard for LSE (most people pass this stage). Then you get put into the 8-week further assessment where your grades and statement are compared to other candidates, on this basis you are then given an offer/rejection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ku.mamon)
    Hi, I'm applied for LSE, Oxford, Durham, Bristol and KCL. Was wondering if any of you have gotten the email saying that they'll now be comparing you to the rest of the applicants?

I've gotten the initial assessment email (on Monday), but so far, nothing else. However, a friend of mine who applied for PPE in LSE has gotten the '8 week email' already.

So was just wondering if any of you have gotten it?
    You can be in the initial assessment for up to 2 weeks. LSE usually updates you on a Monday, so either this Monday or next you will know. It's very unlikely you won't pass the initial assessment anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GovernmentEarner)
    You receive the 8-week email once you've passed the initial assessment. The initial assessment checks that your grades and personal statement are a high enough standard for LSE (most people pass this stage). Then you get put into the 8-week further assessment where your grades and statement are compared to other candidates, on this basis you are then given an offer/rejection.
    Okay. Thank you! I sent my application on the 15th and still no news except for the acknowledgement. Should I be worried??

ReputationRep:
    Okay. Thank you! I sent my application on the 15th and still no news except for the acknowledgement. Should I be worried??
    LSE updates your applications on a Monday and gives out offers/rejections on Thursday or Friday. So you'll probably hear this Monday.

ReputationRep:
    No you should not be worried for a further two weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GovernmentEarner)
    LSE updates your applications on a Monday and gives out offers/rejections on Thursday or Friday. So you'll probably hear this Monday.
    Thanks! How long did it take for you to receive it?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ex-pert)
    No you should not be worried for a further two weeks
    Oh. Alright. But their website says 2-3 weeks so I guess i just have a couple of days to not worry.
    Also, I had a doubt. A lot of people have already received the initial assessment email. Is this a sign that they may not be considering me for further assessment or is there any order in which they consider??

ReputationRep:
    Oh. Alright. But their website says 2-3 weeks so I guess i just have a couple of days to not worry.
    Also, I had a doubt. A lot of people have already received the initial assessment email. Is this a sign that they may not be considering me for further assessment or is there any order in which they consider??
    They looking at thousands of applications
    They can't possibly look at them all at once

ReputationRep:
    Should I be worried? I applied on the 6th and haven't had the 8 week email yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonyeka)
    Should I be worried? I applied on the 6th and haven't had the 8 week email yet.
    What are your grades? (GCSE+A-level)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistryGuy1998)
    What are your grades? (GCSE+A-level)
    GCSEs: 2A*s 7As 3Bs
    AS: AAB
    A2 Predictions: A*AA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ex-pert)
    They looking at thousands of applications
    They can't possibly look at them all at once
    Haha. You're right! Have you received yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonyeka)
    GCSEs: 2A*s 7As 3Bs
    AS: AAB
    A2 Predictions: A*AA
    Might be that they have a lot of people with A*AA predictions (minimum for the course) applying so may take you longer. I applied on 27th Sept, got the initial assessment on 3rd and further assessment on 6th with achieved A*A*A grades but it also may be because that I submitted my application a lot earlier so maybe there were less applications to look at

ReputationRep:
    Haha. You're right! Have you received yours?
    no

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! How long did it take for you to receive it?!
    10 days

ReputationRep:
    I applied on the 10th and still haven't gotten the initial assessment email for law, though I did get one for politicsDo they send out further consideration emails directly?

ReputationRep:
    I applied on the 10th and got nothing so far
    My predicted was 42/45 with 766 at HL for the IB
    The requirement for the course was 38 with 766 at HL
    Should I be worried right now about not receiving anything other than the acknowledgement?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.